Tower of Babel Lecture

The Non-Secular Club finishes Noah's story arc with the Tower of Babel. After the meeting, Alicia invites Hyoga to another restaurant the following week. He agrees to go, of course. The details of the site will be a surprise.

Class topics for this week: Recap for finals.

The weather for today is rain.

This week begins the July chapter.

--------------------------------------------

[July 6, Friday - week 1]

"Alright, let's finish Noah's story arc so we can leave to focus on our upcoming final exams." Kawai begins his summary as others pay attention. He opens the Bible and reads where he left off.

"So the meeting will be cut short?" Futaba asks.

"Not exactly since I've said that we're doing Noah's story until final exams and summer vacation. I didn't want to leave any loose threads."

"Okay, Senpai, start right away," Kazuki says.

"After the flooding, the ark that Noah was aboard descends onto green land. God vowed never to eliminate again as long as humanity keeps its promise. Thus, God offers a rainbow as proof of his word. Generations pass, and humanity grows again through Noah's sons. Of course, humanity, being what it is, failed again. The difference here is that instead of annihilating humanity again, God made it so that none of them can understand each other. This is because the world was made of people who spoke only one language, and they built a tower in the hopes of reaching heaven. That's referred to as the Tower of Babel, and it's meant to be a metaphor to explain why people speak different languages. And with this ends Noah's story arc. But the Genesis chapter still continues, so we'll go into another story arc once we return from summer vacation."

"The Genesis chapter is kinda long," Futaba says.

"It is. Genesis has 50 chapters. But it's important to go through each story arc because they're the foundation of what we know. Once we finish Genesis, we'll explore another major character in another chapter. We'll summarize as much as we can before the end of the school year."

With that said, the club is dismissed for exams and summer vacation. Alicia approaches Hyoga once everyone leaves the room.

"Hyoga-kun! Guess what? We're going to another restaurant soon."

"Great! But is it going to be more noodles? Don't get me wrong. I'm okay with noodles, but we ate three in a row so far."

"This one is not going to be about noodles. It's completely different."

"You seem certain. How so?"

"It's better if I show you."

"I'm not a fan of surprises." He sighs.

"We don't have to wait long. After all, we have final exams coming up. We'll simply go the following week. In fact, right after the weekend."

"So basically we'll go straight after school."

"Yes! We'll go directly to that place."

"Alright! I look forward to it."

To be continued...