Restaurant Run Established

Hyoga is so content with the ramen trip that he asks Alicia when they can return. But she says daily or weekly trips will empty her wallet, so she proposes a monthly restaurant run where they taste a new dish. Hyoga agrees since this is his chance to try new (and get free) meals. Alicia's happy at the response and looks forward to next month's restaurant visit.

The weather for today is sunny.

This week concludes the April chapter.

--------------------------------------------------------

[April 27, Friday - week 4]

After the club meeting ends, Hyoga asks Alicia for a favor.

"Hi! Do you have a minute?" Hyoga asks.

"Ah! What do you need?" asks a surprised Alicia.

"It's about the ramen trip. I enjoyed it so much that I'd like to know if we can go again today."

"Yeah, about that... I'm glad, but if we go every day or every week, I'll run out of money."

"Okay then... never mind," Hyoga says with a sweat.

As he's about to leave, Alicia has a sudden idea.

"How about this? You and I visit restaurants all over the city, eating one dish a month."

He pivots, perking up at her words. "Uh, really?"

"Remember what I said about living here since middle school? I've always wanted to try different kinds of food, but I couldn't convince anyone to accompany me. And one of them flat-out said it would've been a hassle. That's why I'm stuck eating ramen since it's cheap and available." Alicia sighs, then continues, "So, by visiting a new restaurant, you learn something new. I get to eat what I've always wanted. Therefore, we both win! It's part of our friendship deal."

"Okay, but what about the costs?"

"Don't worry! I'll cover it all. Think of it as a courtesy for being so nice to me. I'll let you know the date and time as well as the type of food we'll eat." Alicia smiles.

"She'll cover the costs. That's nice! Okay, I'll stick around."

"I wish you'd tell me," he says, upping his arm to his head.

"But I want to keep it as a surprise. If I tell you, I have to explain. It's so much better to watch."

"Okay, I understand. I'll accept the deal." Hyoga nods.

"Good! I look forward to next month's visit."

To be continued...