Trip Preparation

The BBs are preparing for tomorrow's trip.

Reminder: homework survey to do.

The weather is sunny all week.

------------------------------------------

[August 6, Monday - week 2]

The BBs are getting ready for their first summer vacation trip to Kyoto with the girls tomorrow. Seiya prepares by putting some of the needed goods into a string backpack.

"Let's see... I have money, briefs, and an extra T-shirt. Since we'll be away for five days, I shouldn't make my bag heavier than necessary."

Suddenly, he hears someone's voice calling him.

"Seiya! You have a call from Shoko-san!" Shun calls out. "She wants to talk with you about where to meet tomorrow for the trip."

"Tell her I'll be there!" he shouts back.

Seiya rushes downstairs and picks up the handle.

"Shoko-san!"

"Seiya-kun! How you've been? You ready?"

"Of course, I'm ready! I can't wait!"

"Thank goodness! We need to meet so you can give us the train tickets. Can you tell me the details on the tickets first?"

Seiya discloses the details of the tickets after looking for them. He tells her about the departing station, the date and time of departure, the destination, and the train name they'll be riding.

"I see. I know where that station is."

"Great! Can you escort us? We're only familiar with the Shibuya subway."

"I bet this will be your first time on a bullet train."

"Well, yeah..." Seiya sweat drops.

"How about this? Let's meet at Shibuya instead."

"Great idea! That way, we give you the tickets."

His friends overhear and comment.

"Makes sense to get together," Hyoga says.

"I agree. It's easier this way," Shiryu adds.

Ten roundtrip tickets lie next to the telephone.

"Shoko-san, where do we meet once we get off?"

"You know about the underground mall, right? You guys get off, and we'll meet there. I'll let the girls know, of course, once we finish."

"The girls don't know where to meet?"

"They don't because they don't know the details. But now that I do, I must let them know. They wouldn't mind us going together since they need the tickets. Going in a group is a lot more fun."

"I must agree with you."

"Great! Also, Mei-san and Chihiro-san have experience with this, so they can guide if necessary. They have taken a bullet train ride so they can brief you on anything you guys need to know. I'll do the same too."

"Have you taken a bullet train ride, Shoko-san?"

"Yes! It took me two hours on a school trip."

"Two hours!" Seiya exclaims.

"Yeah, compared to a bus or a regular train."

"Wow, Kyoto is really that far."

"It is! What school trip would have students spending four to six hours to get there? That alone would take half a day. We'll be going in the morning, so we'll arrive early, rest up, check-in, tour, and return for dinner."

"I see. No wonder Saori-san reserved these."

"Okay, Seiya-kun. I gotta prepare. I'm going to call the girls and let them know where to meet. See you guys tomorrow morning."

"Yep, same here!"

Seiya and Shoko hung up. The rest of the day continues normally, except the boys will prepare for their first big trip tomorrow.

To be continued...