No Flood in Japan?

The Non-Secular Club meets to discuss Noah and the flooding by God. After the reading, members asked if the flooding that happened in the world was real. Hyoga knows the truth but refrains from saying so as it might cause panic or confusion. When asked for his opinion, he can only say it might be real. Although rumors say that Japan was spared.

Class topics for this week: Recap for finals.

The weather is sunny all week.

This week begins the July chapter.

---------------------------------------------

[July 2, Monday - week 1]

The Non-Secular Club meets to discuss another story of the Bible. They finished the Adam and Eve arc but will continue with the Genesis chapter.

"Okay, as stated, we will discuss Noah's story arc. Noah was a descendant of Adam and Eve and part of the human race that began to grow rapidly. Because of this, God lamented and devised an annihilation plan. His idea was to start over from scratch. However, he'd spare only one human in favor of building an ark, and that was none other than Noah. He gave Noah specific instructions on how to make the ark. Once the ark was built, God ordered Noah to have animal species of both sexes inside the ark. He commanded Noah to bring his whole family, too."

Everyone pays attention as Kawai summarizes.

"God then began the flooding once everything was inside the ark. Forty days and forty nights passed, and the world was covered by water. Even the seemingly high mountains. Every wicked creature perished without doubt. The flood continued for a total of hundred fifty days. Once the flooding stopped, Noah sent a bird to see if there was land. The bird confirmed with a leaf, and the waters dried up, lowering the ark to land. Noah opened the ark, and every creature, including his family, emerged. God vowed to never destroy again by creating a rainbow as proof."

Kawai finishes his summary and takes a break.

"Noah's story sounds awfully familiar... No way!"

"Hey, Senpai! What you summarized sounds too familiar to what happened in the world. You know, the flooding," Futaba says.

"Was that real? It seemed so on TV," Kazuki says.

"Yeah! A ton of cities were flooded, and people died. Of course, it was real. Stories about it were all over the papers too."

"I barely heard anything about this country. Sure, it rained, but I never heard about any deaths, much less flood covering everything."

"What? Japan was spared? That's unheard of. Could Poseidon have excluded Japan because Saori-san was Athena, and he didn't want the country destroyed? That sounds like God excusing Noah to save him."

"The whole world flooded except Japan sounds way too specific. It's as if a god intervened and done it," Alicia says with folded arms.

"You're right. That is too specific," Kawai says.

"Of course, the only one to ask if it was true, was Poseidon. But he's sealed, and the battle is over, so telling everyone this would be moot. I'll take this as a mystery rumor that will never get solved."

"Ah, Hyoga-kun! You look as if you know something," Alicia says, pointing.

"Eh, is this for real?" Futaba asks, surprised. "But I'll be curious to hear his opinion. Do you think this whole flooding but Japan was real?"

Hyoga sweat drops. "There is no way I'm telling them the truth about Poseidon, so I'll have to improvise by being super vague."

"It could be..." he says blankly.

Futaba laughs. "Of course you wouldn't know."

"Then why ask, Futaba?" Kazuki asks.

"Nah! I just wanted to hear him say something."

"Are you serious?" Kazuki sweat drops.

A few hours pass, and Kawai looks at the time.

"Alright, that's enough for today. We still have this week to finish Noah's story, so we'll leave. Noah's story will be the last before vacation."

To be continued...