Laundry Basics

The Couture Club covers laundry basics.

Class topics for this week: Recap for finals.

The weather is sunny all week.

This week begins the July chapter.

---------------------------------------------

[July 5, Thursday - week 1]

The Couture Club meets for an important lesson that Kokiku will provide. She has different samples of fabric to show off.

"As stated, there is an important lesson you must keep in mind because you can't go on summer vacation without knowing this. And this is how to care for different types of fabric. Some of you live in the dorms and might be in charge of doing laundry, so it's imperative to know this. Doing laundry the wrong way can really mess up your clothing."

Additionally, she shows off laundry detergent.

"Chances are, when you do laundry, you'll use a washer and dryer. Or maybe the washer and you air dry outside. Either way, you'll be using detergents to get rid of dirt. There are different brands, so choose the right one for your needs. These ones here are random samples."

The board behind Kokiku shows common types of fabric and the care required for each. She has written the list before today's lesson.

"Behind me are notes I've written about taking care of the common fabric types for our clothes. You should write them down for reference. Generally, when doing laundry, you should separate bright and dark colors since the dark dyes tend to mix with bright colors."

The board lists laundry care for cotton, synthetics, wool, silk, rayon, and linen. Every member takes notes on what Kokiku has written.

"Certain fabrics require special care when it comes to washing and drying. For some fabrics, hand washing and air drying is the best option. On the other hand, some fabrics can only be dry-cleaned. This means that they cannot be washed either by hand or machine. It is necessary to take such fabrics to a facility where an expert can dry-clean them for you."

Some time passes, and Kokiku looks at the time.

"Alright, that is the important lesson before final exams and summer vacation. Good luck to you all, and we'll see each other when we return."

As everyone leaves, Shun asks Chihiro a favor.

"Chihiro-san, can you do me a favor? I would like your help with laundry recommendations. Of course, you're free to refuse."

"So you need brand recommendations. That's not going to be a problem. Besides, you're going to need more than just detergent. You might need softener, bleach, and some dryer sheets."

"Softener, bleach, and dryer sheets?"

"Yeah. Softener is self-explanatory; bleach makes clothes whiter, and dryer sheets remove lint. You should also take scent into consideration because some people have sensitive skin and are, therefore, allergic."

"So you're saying there is scented and unscented detergent. That's good to know because I wouldn't want us to complain about rashes. I think I'll stay safe by going for unscented detergent. I assume the same would be for softener, bleach, and dryer sheets, right?"

Of course, unscented versions exist."

"Great!" Shun stands up. "Let's get going!"

Thus, Chihiro escorts Shun to the Shibuya department store, where they went before to buy laundry detergent for the dorm. Chihiro makes her recommendations and Shun purchases accordingly. They go their separate ways once the purchase is made.

To be continued...

---------------------------------------------

90th chapter, guys!