Shocking Truth

Haruka begins class by going over the material for the upcoming midterm exams. After class, he reminds them that midterms start on Wednesday. Then, an announcement from the PA speakers tells students to leave during lunch break. Students leave except for the BBs because Haruka tells them to visit the director's office. Once there, Mitsuru tells the truth.

The weather for today is sunny and cloudy.

This chapter has a sensitive topic, FYI.

--------------------------------------------------

[May 7, Monday - week 2]

Haruka starts class by taking attendance and going over the material for the upcoming midterm exams. After hinting at possible test questions, he reminds the class to study.

"This wraps up today's class. Remember, midterms start on Wednesday."

Then a sudden announcement talks through the PA speakers.

"Announcement! The director has ordered an early dismissal during the lunch period. Repeat! Early dismissal during the lunch period under the director's orders. Thank you for your collaboration."

Students perk up and rapidly leave the class. However, as the BBs are about to leave, Haruka stops them.

"Boys! Before you leave, head to the director's office. You're not in trouble. He just wants to discuss."

Confused and curious, the BBs head to the director's office to hear what he says.

"You're here! Have a seat."

Mitsuru escorts them to arranged chairs where the boys sit at his order.

"What's this all about?" Seiya asks.

"Please, don't misunderstand. You're not in trouble. I want to tell you a few things. It won't take long. It's just that last week, a group of students came to my office. They said a classmate of theirs... died."

The boys hastily stand up.

"What?! How did this happen?" Seiya demands.

"Boys, sit down. I will explain."

The BBs sit, eager to listen.

"I'm just as shocked as you are. The student who died took his own life. It happened last week off-campus. The student left a long note saying he couldn't take the pain. The student also said the one responsible was a teacher. This was confirmed by his friends. They said their friend had an untold number of injuries from that teacher. Some of them had a few injuries themselves by that same teacher. I confronted the teacher and reported him to the police. The other teachers knew and failed to report. I fired them all. Your homeroom teacher is the exception since he disclosed when students spoke."

Silence looms.

"Does this include a teacher by the name of Nadeshin?" Seiya asks.

"The teacher's real name is Yamato Nadeshiko," Shiryu clarifies.

"Ah, yes, that name. She was among the ones I fired."

"What a relief!" Seiya thinks.

"This is awful," Shun laments.

"It is, especially for his parents."

"Does Dr. Haruki know? The rest of the students?" Seiya asks.

"He does. He disclosed just like your homeroom teacher. As for the majority of students, they don't know yet. Considering your background, I'm telling you first since you're similarly aware. By the way, have you provided courage to those students who stormed to my office? It happened too suddenly."

"We were concerned. That is all..." Seiya's eyes lowered.

"I see. Don't worry. I won't call you out. It was sudden. That's all."

"So why ask us to leave early?" Hyoga asks.

"It's simple. The police are here, and I'll be questioned the whole day. Those men in suits? That's the police. Just head straight to the dorm. Nothing else."

"Do we still have to come tomorrow?" Seiya asks again.

"Of course! You'll self-study. Midterms are this week."

"What about getting new teachers?" Shiryu asks.

"Don't worry. I'll handle it. If I knew what the Board of Education brought in wasn't good, I would've never accepted them. But I will bring in teachers and announce after the midterms. So boys, good luck."

With a sad collective sigh, the BBs leave the director's office.

To be continued...