The Prophecy

"Kreacher told me last night," said Dumbledore,"You see when you gave Professor snape that cyrpitc warning, he realized you had had a vision of Sirius trapped in the bowels if the Department of Mysteries. He, like you, attempted to contact Sirius at one. I should explain that member of the Order to the Pheonues have more reliable methods of communication that fire in Dolores Umbridge office. Professor Snape found that Sirius was alive and saife in Grummaruld place. But when you did not return from your trip into the forest with Dolores Umbridge. Professor Snpae grew worried that you still believed Sirius to be captive of Voldemort and he alerted certain order members at once,"

Dumble sighed,"Alastor Moody, Nymphadora Tonks, Kingsley Shacklebolt, Remus Lupin were at headquarters when he made contact. All agreed to go to your aid at one. Professor Snape requested that Sirius remain behind, as he needed somebody to remain at headquarters to tell me what had happened, for I was due there any moment. In the meantime he, Professor Snape, intended to search the forest for you. But Sirius did not wish to remain behind while the others went to search for you two. He delegated to Kreacher the task of telling me what had happened. So It was that when I arrived in Grimmuld Place shortly after they had all left for the Ministry, it was the elf who told me...laughing fit to burst...when Sirius had gone,"

"He was laughing?" I said bluntly

"Oh yes," Dumbledore nodded,"You see, Kreacher was not able to betray us totally. He is not Secert-Keeper for the Order, he could not give the Malfoys our whereabouts to tell them any of the Orders confidential places that he had been forbidden to reveal. He was bound by the enhancements of his kind, which is to say that he could not disobey from his Master, Sirius. But he gave Narcissa information of the sort that is very valuable to Voldemort, yet must have seemed much to trivial for Sirius to think of banning him from repeating it,"

"Like what?" Harry asked

"Like that the Persons Sirius cared most about in the world was you tow," said Dumbeldore,"Like the fact that you were coming to regard Sirius as a mixture of a father and brother. Voldemort already knew, of course. that sirius was in the Order, that you know he was where he was...b ut Kreachers information made him realize that the one perion whom you would go to any lengths to rescue was Sirius Black, Harry. For you y/n is Remus Lupin,"

"So...when I asked Kreacher if Sirius was ther last night..."

"The Malfoys...undoubtedly on Voldemorts instructions had told him he must find a way to keep Sirius out of the way once you had seen the vision of Siruis being tortured. If you decided to check whether sirius was at home or not, Kreacher would be able to pretend he was not. Kreacher injured Buckbeak the hippogriff yesterday and the moment you made your appearance in the fire. Sirius was trying to tend to him<" 

"Kreacher told you all this and.....and he laughed?" I said processing it all

"He did not wish to tell me," said Dumbledore,"But I am sufficiently accomplished Legiliments myself to know when I am being lied to and i persuaded him...to tell me the full story before I left for the Department of Mysteries"

"Y/n and Hermione kept telling us to be nice to him," said Harry with his hands on his knees 

"They were quite right, Harry," said Dumbledore,"I warned Sirius whenwe adopted twevled Grimmauld Place as our headquarters that Kreacher must be treated with kindness and respect. I also told him that Kreacher could be dangerous to us. I don't think that Sirius took me very seriously,"I snorted a little,"or that he ever saw kreacher as being with feeling acute to as humans," 

"Dont you blame...Dont you...talk...about sirius like-" Harry stammered,"Kreacher a lying-foul- he deserved-" 

"Kreacher is what he has been made by wizards, Harry," I said looking at him