Secerts of Tom Riddle

Harry and I went into Dumbledores office; when we walked inside we say Dumbledore unusually tired and his hand was worse then ever. He smiled at us and genstured to sit. Harry and I sat down in front of the Pensieve which was on the desk.

"You have had a busy time while I have been away," said Dumbledore,"I believe you two witnessed Katies accident," 

"Yes sir," said Harry

"How is she?" I asked sitting forward

"Still very unwell, although she was relatively luck. She appears to brushed the necklace with smallest amount of skin. There was a tiny hole in her love. Has she put it on. had she even help it in her ungloved hand, she would have died, perhaps instantly. Luckiy Professor Snape was able to do enough to prevent a rapid spread of the curse--" 

"Why him?" asked Harry quickly to me,"Why not Madam Pomfey or Y/n?" 

"Impertinent," said a soft voice of Phineas Black,"I would not have permitted a student to question the way Hogwarts operated in my day," 

"Yes, Thank you Phineas," said Dumbledore,"Professor Snape knows much more about the Dark Arts then Madam Pomfey and Y/n, Harry. Anyway, the St.Mungos staff are sending me hourly reports, and I am hopeful that Katie will make a full recovery in time," 

"Where were you this weekend, sir?" Harry asked. I to wondered where Dumbledore runs off to when he is not here.

"I would rather not say just now," said Dumbledore,"However, I shall tell you in due course," 

"You will?" I asked startled

"Yes, I expect so," said Dumbledore withdrawing a fresh bottle of silver memiored from inside his robe and uncorking it with his wand

"Sir," said Harry,"We met Mundungus in Hogsmeade," 

"Ah yes, I am already away Mindungus had been treating your inheritance with light-fingered contempt," he frowned,"He has gone to ground since you two accosted him outside three broomsticks; I rather think he dreads facing me. However rest assured he will not be making away with more of Sirius old possessions," 

"That mangy old half-blood has been stealing Black heirloom?" said Phineas he went out of his frame to Grimmuald Place

"Professor," I said,"Did Professor McGonagall tell you what Harry told her after kaite got hurt? About Draco Malfoy?" 

"She told me of your suspicions, yes," said Dumbledore

"Do you--" 

"I shall take all appropriate measures to investigate anyone who might have had a hand in Katies accident," said Dumbledore,"But what concerns me now, Y/n and Harry, is our lesson," 

We remained silent as Dumble poured the fresh memories into the Pensieve and began swirling the basin with his fingers,"You will remember, I am sure, that we left the tale of Lord Voldemort beginnings at the point where the handsome Muggle, Tom Riddle, had abandoned his witch wife, Merope and returned to his family home in Little Hangleton. Merope was left alone in London, expecting the baby who would one day become Lord Voldemort," 

"How do you know she was in London, sir?" I asked looking from the Pensieve to him

"Because of the evidence of one Caractaus Burke," said Dumbledore,"who by an odd coincidence, helped found the very shop whence came the necklace we have just been discussing,"

He swilled the contents of Pensieve as Harry had seen him swill them before, much as gold prospector sifts for gild. A silvery mass rose a little old man revolving slowly in the Pensieve, silver ghost became more solid with eyes covered by hair