Weasley trouble

We told about Dumbledore's lesson to Ron and Hermione at Herbology the next morning walking through the vegetable patch. 

"Scary though, the boy You-Know-Who," said Ron quietly as we took our places around the gnarled Snargaluff stumbs that were our projects and began pulling out our protective gloves,"But I still don't get why Dumbledores showing you all this. I mean, its really interesting and everything but whats the points," 

"Dunno," said Harry

"He says its all important and it'll help us survive,"  I said placing my hair into a pony tail

"I think its fascinating," said Hermione,"It makes absolute sense to know as much about Voldmeort as possible. How else will you find out his weaknesses?" 

"So how was Slughorns latest party?" Harry asked 

"Oh it was quite fun, really," said Hermione putting on protective goggles,"I mean he drones on about famous ex-pupils a bit and he fawns on Mclaggen because he so well-connected but he gave us some really nice food and introduced us to Gwenog Jones," 

"Gwennog Jones?" Ron and I said in unison

"The Grennog Jones? As in Captian of the Holyhead Harpies?" 

"Thats right,' said Hermione,"Personally I though she was a bit full of herself but-"

"Quite enough chat over here," said Sprout busling over,"You're lagging behind, everybody else has started and Neville already got his first pod!" 

"Starting now Professor," I said turning to my plants

"Should have used Muffilato, Harry," said Ron

"No, we shouldn't," said Hermione,"Well come on...we'd better get going..." 

She gave us a apprehensive look and we all dived at our gnarled stumps. It sprang to life at once and the vines flew out of the top and whipped though the air. I managed to trap the vinceas and knotted them together with Harry. Hermione plunged her arm into the hold which closed like a trab around her elbow. Ron and Harry tugged and wrenched the at the vines, forcing the hole to open again, and Hermuon used this opputionity to free her arm clutching her fingers in a pod. 

"You don't think I will be having any of these in my garden when I have my own place," said Ron pushing up his goggles and wipped sweat from his face

"Pass me a bowl," said Hermione. I handed one over and she spealces it in with disgust on her face

"Dont squeamish, squeeze it out, they;re best when they're fresh!" called Sprout

"Anyways," Hermione said "Slughorn going to have a Christmas Patry, Yn, Harry and there no way you'll be able to wriggle out of this one because he actually asked me to check your free evenings, so he could be sure to have it one a night you both can come," 

Harry and I groaned. While Ron attempted to burst the pod in the bowl with both hands and standing up,"And this is another  party just for Slughorns favorites, is it?" 

"Just for the Slug Club, yes," said Hermione

The pod flew out from Rons fingers and hit the green house glass, bouncing off onto Sprouts hat and knocking it off. Harry grabbed the pod and returned,"Look I didn't make up the name 'Slug Club' 

"Slug club," repeated Ron sneering,"Its pathetic. Well I hope you enjoy your party. Why don't you try hooking up with McLaggen, then Slughorn can make you King and Queen slug," 

"We are allowed to bring guest," said Hermione bright red," and I was going to ask you to come but if you think its that studied then I wont bother!"

I held in my laughter and tried to not focus on their conversation but I heard every word of it;