Eight!

I felt the Felix Felicis wearing off as I walked into the caslte. I met Peeves and avoid detection by diving sideways though one of the shortcuts. I headed up to the common toom and the Fat Lady was in a mood,"What sort of time do you all this?" 

"Sorry...I had to find out something important..." 

"Well the pass-ahhh" she swung open and Harry was standing in the whole

"I got the memory,"I held up the bottle filled with the silver memory

"Now all we have to do is wait for Dumbledore," Harry said grabbing the memory for my hands

"Hopefully he is back soon," I sighed about to climb into the portrait hole

"Dumbledore is only here at random times," said Harry

"He is here," said a voice,"Professor Dumbledore returned to the school an hour ago," 

I stopped and turned around to Nearly Headless Nick who was gliding towards us.,"I had it from bloody Baron who saw him arrive," said Nick,"He appeared according to the Baron, to be in good spirits though tired," 

"Where is he?" I asked feeling excited

"Groaning and clanking up on the Astronomy Tower,its a favorite pastime o-"

"Not Bloody Baron! Dumbledore!" I said impationatly

"in his office," said Nick,"I believe, from waht the Baron said, that he had business to attend to before turning in----"

"Yeah he has," I said feeling exicted again and grabbing Harrys wrists and running up to the office

We soon knocked on the door,"Enter," said Dumbledore when Harry knocked

I pushed the door open and we entered the office,"Good gracious Y/n, Harry," said Dumbledore in surpirse,"To what do I own this very late pleasure?" 

"Sir---Ive got it," I said

"We got the memory from Slughorn," said Harry

I pulled out the tiny bottle and showed it to Dumbledore. The headmaster looked stunned but then his face spilt into a wide smile. 

"Y/n, Harry! this is spectacular news! Very well done indeed! I knew you could do it!"

He hurried around the desk to us not minding the lastness of the hour and took the bottle with Slughorn memory in his uninjured hand, and walking to the cabinet where his pensive laid

"Now," said Dumbledore placing the stone basin on his desk and emtpying the the contents with in it,"Now at last we shall see, Y/n, Harry quickly," 

We bowed into the Pensisve feeling our feet leave the office floor. We landed into Slughorns office many years before.

There was the much younger slughorn in his armchair with all the students around including Tom Riddle with the gold ring of Marvolos on his finger. Dumbledore landed beside Harry and I just as Riddle spoke,"Sir is it true that Professor Merrythought is retiring?" 

"Tom, Tom, if I knew I couldnt tell you,"said Slughorn wagging his finger at Tom, and winking,"I must say I'd like to know where you get your information, boy, more knowledge that half the staff youa re," 

Tom smiled while the other boys laughed

"What with your uncanny ability to know this you shouldnt and your careful flattery of people who matter---thank you for the pineapple, youre quite right, it is my favorite--" 

Several boys chuckled again

"---I confidently expect you to ride to Minister of Magic within 20 years. 15 if you keep sending me pineapple. I have excellent contance at the Ministry,"