Plans and Rooms

Harry and I wracked our brains over the next week on to how we were going to presuade Slughorn to hand over his true memory but I couldnt think of anything. Harry kepting looking over his Potions book hoping the Prince would have scribbled something useful in a margin.

"You wont find anything in there,"I said firmly on Sunday evening

"Shes right," said Hermione

"Dont, start. Y/n and Hermione," said Harry,"If it hadnt been for the Prince, Ron wouldnt be sitting here now,"

"He would if you;d just listened to Snape in our first year," said Hermione 

Harry ignored her and mumbled an incantation. I looked at the book and saw the word'Sectumsempra!' "For enemies," I whispered. Harry folded the corner of the page. 

We were sitting down in front of the fite with fellow sixth years. There was a certain amount of excitement earlier when they had come back from dinner to find a new sign on the notice board about Apparition testing. Those who would be 17 on or before the 21st of April had the option of signing up for additaional practice session in Hogsmeade. 

Ron panicked reading this notcied; he had not managed to Apparate and feared he wouldn't be ready for the test. Hermione who had now Appritated twice was a little more confident. Harry and I couldnt take the test becuase we wernt 17 for four more months didnt need to worry. Although I apparted three times perfectly the last lesson. 

"At least you can Apparate!" said Ron"You'll have no trouble come July!" 

"I have only dont it once," said harry; he had finally did it last lesson,"While Y/n did it three times," 

"Im a natural," I teased

Ron struggled to finish his essay for Snape that Harry, Hermione and I had completed. I expected bad marks but didnt care becuase harry and I were focused on the Slughron memory more

"I am telling you, the stupid Prince isnt going to be able to help you with this Y/n, Harry!" sais Hermione loudly,"Theres only one way to force someone to do what you want, and thats the Imperius Curse...which is illegal," 

"Yeah, I know that thanks," said Harry noting looking up from the book"Thats why I have been looking for something different. Dumbledore say Veritaserum wont do but there might be something else," 

"Youre going about it all wrong," said Hermione"Only you can get the memory, Dumbledore says. That must mean you can persuade Slughorn where other people cant. It not a question of slipping him a potion anyone could do that---"

"How'd you spell 'belligerent'?"  said Ron shaking his quill,"Its cant B-U-M"

"No it isnt," said Hermione pulling Rons essay towards her,"and 'aurgury' doesnt begin O-R-G either. What kid of quill are you using?"

"Its one of Freds and georges spell-check one...but I think the charm must me wearing off..."

"Yes it must," I said pointing to the title,"becuause we were asked how we'd deal with demenrote not Dugbogs and I dont remember you changing your name to 'Roonil Wazlib' either," 

"Ah no," said Ron staring at the parchment,"Dont say I'll have to write the wholehing our again!"

"Its okay, we cane fix it," said Hemrione pulling the essay toward her and taking out her wand 

"I love you, Hermione," said Ron sinking back in his chair, rubbing his eyes.

Hermione blushed,"Dont let Lavendar hear you saying that,"

"I wont," he said into his hands,"or maybe I will...then she'll ditch me," 

"Why dont you ditch her if you want to finish it?" I asked