10

Chapter 10 Flower Candle

After changing to a more damp and cold kerchief, Zhao Chunxi was awake for a moment. She tried her best to open her eyes and saw Guan Suyi’s flawless face, she was taken aback for a while.

Guan Suyi held her hand and asked softly, “Xie’er, are you better? Mother is here to see you.” When the words fell, her throat tightened slightly, as she was disgusted by the word “mother”.

No matter how scheming Zhao Chunxi was, she was only a little girl of twelve or thirteen years old. Moreover, she was ill, her brain was already burnt, so she subconsciously showed disgust, then she shook her head while tried to dodge, taking advantage of the situation to break away her hand from the other party’s tight hold.

Guan Suyi let go of her and chuckled, “It seems Xi’er is not ready to accept me, it doesn’t matter, we will have a long time in the future.” Then she twisted the kerchief and planned to change it again

The maid and the old mama who stood by the side were already very defensive against her. Seeing that the eldest miss showed obvious resistance, they hurriedly stepped forward and squeezed her away, muffledly asked the new madam to go back first, so as not to get sick. Zhao Luli was suspicious and felt that his daughter’s behavior was not as close to Miss Guan as she said. On the contrary, she was a little disgusted. If that the case, then why did she cry and shout to let him marry her?

However, in his heart, his daughter was right no matter what she did or said. Even if he had doubts in his heart, he quickly put it behind him and waved his hand to his newlywed wife apologetically, “Ma… you go back first, Xi’er is very ill. I will stay here to look after her tonight.” The phrase “Madam” could not be said after all.

That’s all? Not even a word of sorry? This is your wedding night. Guan Suyi smiled sarcastically in her heart, but on the surface she generously said that it was all right. She thanked Zhao Chunxi for her self-sacrifice, otherwise the big carved jujube tree bed she brought from home would have been soiled by Zhao Luli’s filth.

The two master and servant walked back slowly carrying the lanterns. As soon as they came out of the courtyard, they saw a black figure rushing over from the other side of the path and hitting Minglan who was at the front, causing her to fall. They didn’t say sorry, didn’t even stop to check the situation, flying far away like the wind. The servant following him panted and shouted, “Young Master, slow down, be careful of falling! The eldest miss just has a high fever, will be fine after drinking medicine, and nothing will happen.”

The voice and figure quickly faded into the night, making Minglan stared dumbfounded, “Miss, that’s the marquis mansion’s Shizi ? How come all of the Zhao family have this energetic temper, one runs faster than the other. Also, how did the master was swaying and didn’t wake up before, but once there was shouting outside he immediately ran. He was really pretending to be drunk? Why?”

Guan Suyi gathered her big cloak and smiled lightly. “It said that dragon gives birth to dragon, phoenix gives birth to phoenix, the rat gives birth to rat that punch holes. Lord Zhao’s hoof is so fast, and his son of course is not bad. As for why he was pretending to be drunk, maybe he was wearing green hat for too long and reluctant to take it off. In short, he can do whatever he likes, it’s not our business.”

Minglan first nodding stupidly, then she remembered, “That’s not right! What kind of rat, hole, and hoof. Miss, why do you always compare Lord Zhou to animal? And what is it about that green hat thing?”

Guan Suyi poked the small servant’s head and walked back first, “Comparing him to animal is still a compliment. Anyway just remember, these people in Marquis Mansion are not fuel efficient lamps. Don’t get too close to them.”