EXTRA

Chapter 184 (Extra 7)
Guan Suyi sat stiffly in place, while Ye Zhen had already scrambled to the back of the pillar, wrapping herself tightly with a gauze curtain, screamed shrilly, while tears and snot dripped down, looking rather wretched. These days, she had already tortured by shame and despair to the point of collapse, and when her hatred was deep, she really wanted to bring everyone to be buried with her, including the Ye family, the Zhao family, and even the pair of children. But now, after seeing this severed head, she suddenly realized that death was so terrifying.

She wanted to live, no matter how humiliated, humble, and desperate, she still wanted to live.

Guan Suyi turned to look at her, her thoughts surging. At first, she thought that Ye Jieyu was the culprit who wanted to harm her, but later she thought, with so many concubines in the palace, what if there were other who wanted to deliberately frame her? She didn’t know anything about those niangniang, and couldn’t guess the inside story for a while, so she walked into the palace hall to test with a few words, and actually learned the truth.

She said that she had entered the forbidden area by mistake, and Ye Jieyu did not show any expression of surprise or concern, only surprised that she was intact. It wasn’t until the lid of the box was opened and Ye Jieyu saw the head that she dared to be sure of her guess. The culprit was indeed Ye Jieyu, otherwise Emperor Sheng Yuan would never let her send the “gift”.

This was a deterrent and a warning. The Jinyiwei could go up to the sky and down to the ground, it was impossible for them to not know this much of truth.

But why? Guan Suyi asked herself. She and Ye Jieyu had no grievances in the past and no enmity in recent time. What would she gain by killing her? Or, who did she want to frame with her own death? Only this reason could explain her actions. But now, Guan Suyi was not so sure, because Ye Jieyu was crying and laughing, showing a bit of madness, as if she had a mental problem.

What can’t a madman do? But she was the dignified Jieyu, pampered in the six palaces, who could force her to such a situation?

Guan Suyi remembered the bloody Buddhist hall, and looked at the head on the table, then her shaking hand picked up the lid of the box and covered it. No wonder Ye Jieyu was going crazy. Facing such a brutal monarch every day, it’d be a weird if she was not scared. Guan Suyi only entered the palace once, but when she went back, she would have nightmares for a long time.

In a trance, a palace maid stepped forward and said respectfully, “Madam Guan, this servant will take you to the back to wash up, change into clean clothes, and then go to face His Majesty.”

“Still have to face His Majesty?” Guan Suyi’s voice was raised.

Yong He, who was trying to control Ye Jieyu’s frantic state, shouted loudly, “Yong Mei, Yong Zhu, come and help! Why are you taking Madam Guan?”

Yong Mei and Yong Zhu didn’t listen, they directly helped Guan Suyi to walk towards the back, and a group of palace servants standing in the corner also followed, apparently following their lead. It turned out that since a long time ago, the two senior maids who were in charge of Ganquan Palace, was serving Ye Zhen but at the same time reported her every move to the emperor. On the outside Ye Jieyu was gentle and supple, kind and weak, but inside she was vicious and malicious, with the heart of a snake, so how could the emperor not know?

Seeing this scene, Ye Zhen instantly became quiet, slowly slumped on the ground, and murmured, “It turns out that I am purely amusing the emperor, what flies up the branches to become a phoenix, it’s all delusional, fake!”

Yong He and Yong Ju took a few steps back, their faces turned blue, and the fear of the impending disaster made them unable to breathe.

—-