71

Chapter 71 Release From Prison

Old Master Guan and Guan Father each took their disciples to travel around townships and counties, vigorously publicizing the benefits of revising the law, with the emperor personally set an example and solved the doubts, a disaster that could have burned the entire Wei Kingdom was extinguished in an instant. The people who spread rumors behind the scene were all arrested, the common people were assigned to the frontier, the officials were dismissed and investigated, and Prime Minister Wang’s faction, which was already weakened, suffered another round of heavy blows.

On this day, Old Master Guan and Guan Father returned to the capital after finishing their errands. Before they could step into the house, they were summoned by the emperor and entered the palace to make a report.

“These days, it’s all thanks to the Emperor Teacher and Chief of Ceremonies to appease the hearts of the people, promote the country’s law, and work hard to make great contributions. Since Zhen ascending the throne, every time there was a problem, always relies on the Emperor Teacher and Chief of Ceremonies to work out strategies for Zhen and the gratitude in Zhen’s heart is indescribable. Hope in the future monarch and subjects will be united and create prosperous world together. These three cups of wine Zhen will drink first as a respect. Emperor Teacher, Chief of Ceremonies, please.”

Emperor Sheng Yuan drank three cups in a row, and then stopped the old man who wanted to drink with him, worried that he would hurt his body by drinking too much, then he had no face to explain to Madam. Chief of Ceremonies was good wine, a thousand cups would not drunk, so he actually have a good drink with him. Although he was unable to marry Madam, in his heart, he had already recognized her as his wife, so he naturally treated the two elders with the courtesy of Mount Tai*, and was extremely respectful in both words and deeds.

Old Master Guan had a low alcohol tolerance, and he was tired from the journey, only had half a cup of slow drink, and he was a little overwhelmed. He was helped by two palace maids to rest in the inner hall. While pouring wine for the emperor, Guan Father secretly looked at his spirit, and the more he looked at it, the more satisfied he became. He could never have imagined that this ignorant emperor could grow to such a level in such a short period of time.

Before this, he was also thinking about the trick of “challenging the law”, but it was quite dangerous. First, it might cause mob of people to attack. Second, it was possible to attract the assassination from the remnants of the previous dynasty. If something goes wrong it would speed up the collapse of Wei Kingdom, then it would be self-defeating, so it had to be calculated repeatedly to ensure that it was foolproof. When he was still brewing and was about to raise a suggestion, the emperor actually realized this truth himself, and practiced it without hesitation. And the local officials who were supposed to be under great pressure, they got out of the predicament in an instant and quelled the people’s grievances .

It should be said that this person had only studied the culture of the Central Plains for two or three years, but already mastered to this point, he was indeed a natural Heavenly Emperor, really made people admire.

Thinking like this, Guan Father sighed, “Your Majesty is wise and decisive, with extremely high comprehension. This time, can calmed down the whole country without spending a single soldier, and solved the danger of the country’s subjugation. Within five years, afraid there is nothing else this minister and his father can teach you. This world truly belongs to the emperor, others say a hundred sentences, also not as good as a word from the monarch. Therefore, the emperor either does not open his mouth, or when he opens his mouth, his word are powerful and resonating, with power to carry the Nine Tripod Cauldrons*, which is the honor of the emperor and cannot be broken. Although the emperor was born in the wilderness, but when this minister look at this moment, you already have a mighty dragon power and a magnificent purple energy, and in the future will be the Holy Monarch of this whole generation.”