123

Chapter 123 Exposed
Outside the Weiyang Palace, a tall and slender woman stood with her hands behind her back, looking into the distance. She was wearing the Jiuli tribe dress, and her hip-length black hair was woven into many small braids, interspersed with five-colored jewels, which looked dazzling under the orange sunset. Hearing the sound of wings flapping behind her, she turned her head to look back, revealing an unusually gorgeous and heroic face, the light in her eyes twirling, overflowing with seductive charm.

“Mynah bird?” She raised her eyebrows and chuckled, “Hunnar is still the same as before, always like to keep small animals around.”

Baifu ran out after the Mynah, and when he saw the woman, he hurriedly saluted, “This servant has seen Pan Jieyu. It’s getting late, Jieyu niangniang should go back first. His Majesty is still reviewing the memorials, afraid he will be busy until the end of the month and will not have some free time.”

Pan Jieyu‘s name was Pan Duolan, it was one of the top ten noble surnames of the Jiuli people, so she had a very prominent family background. In the past she followed the grand princess to fight on all sides and made countless military achievements. After the founding of the country, Emperor Sheng Yuan wanted to make her a female general and ordered her to guard a region, but she resolutely refused and instead asked to enter the palace as a concubine. Because of the face of the grand princess and the Pan family, Emperor Sheng Yuan did not refuse, and established her as a Nusheng. Later, Ye Zhen lost her position, so she was promoted to Jieyu, and now she was in charge of the Six Palaces.

Said to be in charge, but the power was still in Baifu’s hands. She was only responsible for controlling the harem’s concubines and telling them to keep to themselves. Fortunately, she came from military background and too impatient to take care of those common affairs. Instead, she had a lot of experience in disciplining and training idle people, and quickly established a clear prestige in the harem. Now even the Empress Dowager’s Changle Palace had to be governed by her, so she became a hard-line figure who could not be offended.

Of course, this was only for people outside the Weiyang Palace. People such as Baifu in front of her, his attitude towards her was not very friendly, but rather perfunctory.

She seemed to have noticed it, and couldn’t help but smile bitterly, “Why should Chief Bai lie to This Palace? Although This Palace is a subordinate of grand princess, but also helped the emperor in a few bitter battles, also fellow comrades for many years, and understand him not less than you. Whether he’s in Weiyang Palace at this time, you know, I know, heaven knows , and this Mynah bird also knows.”

She spread out her palm, and there were actually a few grains of rice lying on it, which attracted the Mynah to immediately fly over to peck, and she gently covered its wings.

“Huh? Why you tie its beak?” She saw the Mynah bird was just pecking lightly, and not a single grain of rice was eaten, Pan Duolan took a closer look and realized that the Mynah had a black rope wrapped around its mouth. Without much thought, she untied it and let it peck at happily, which caused Baifu to break out in cold sweats and feeling agitated, he was eager to pounce and snatch the Mynah bird back.

“Madam marry Zhen, madam marry Zhen, madam marry…” The next few words were all blocked by the golden grains scattered to the ground by Baifu. Peck, peck, peck, the only sound outside the hall was the sound of the Mynah pecking seriously.

“Madam? Which madam? Is the emperor really going to set up an empress?” Pan Duolan’s face was no different, but her heart was stirring up terrifying waves. She was not a fool, how could she not guess the meaning of those words. Seemed the emperor had a sweetheart, and his desire to marry was very strong, otherwise he would not keep talking to the Mynah, and letting it accidentally learned this sentence. But this was not right. How could an unmarried woman be called Madam?