EXTRA

Chapter 193 Extra (16)
The dowry that Guan Suyi brought in that year had long been sold out and used to subsidize the family one after another. The remaining jewelry and brocade clothes were all the property of Marquis Zhenbei Mansion, and she did not intend to take that with her. After gathering all her possessions, she only collected one single box, which mostly filled with books.

From the bottom of the box, she pulled out a copy of “Records of Noble Family” and wrapped it in silk. She walked to the main hall and handed it to Zhao Chunxi, “Thank you for your care over the years. This is a parting gift, you can take it.” At the end she knelt down in front of the old madam, heavily kowtowed three times. There were thousands of words hidden in her heart, but in the end, she couldn’t say it.

“Old Madam, please take care.” She wiped away the tears from the corners of her eyes, looked at Ye Zhen who had a jealous expression, and then turned to leave.

After putting an end to the serious troubles in his heart, Emperor Sheng Yuan was no longer interested in watching the drama in Marquis Mansion. He pointed to the anxious Song shi and said, “Take her down to investigate, slandering the court officials is a capital crime. Zhen want to see how she, as a commoner, come with such courage.”

Song shi was so frightened that her legs went weak, and she immediately shouted, “Your Majesty, please spare this life! This humble one only acted on the instructions of Ye yiniang. She gave this humble one a thousand taels of silver…” She told the conspiracy of the two like pouring beans into a bamboo tube, all in an attempt to exonerate herself.

Ye Fan couldn’t hold on any longer, hurriedly knelt down and cried out her grievances, she then went to Zhao Luli to hug his legs, begging him to save her. Zhao Luli kicked her away and told the emperor to let him do according to the rule.

“How can you take care of the world without taking care the house? Marquis Zhenbei, your back house is really chaotic. Leave the errands alone and organized your family properly.” Emperor Sheng Yuan stood up and said, “Take these two away together, and thoroughly investigate.”

Several guards immediately stepped into the hall and took away Song shi and Ye Fan, who were in tears. Zhao Chunxi was in a panic, and her face couldn’t help but turn pale. She repeatedly recalled her every move and made sure that she was only guiding behind the scene and not leaving any handle behind, only then she felt relieved.

After respectfully sent off the emperor, she invisibly let out a breath, and saw her daddy was pulling her mom, seemed to have something to say, so she said goodbye and went back to the room, and opened the book that Guan Suyi gave her. Turning to the page of the Zhao clan of Tianshu, her fingertips trembled slightly, and she was horrified. She quickly told herself that it’s fake, it’s all fake, and Guan Suyi made up this book just to get revenge on her. With her background, was she worthy of having “Records of Noble Family”?

However, she didn’t burn this “fake” book after all, but only pressed it at the bottom of the box, and not allowed it to see the light of day.

Guan Suyi was forcibly invited into the carriage by the guards of Emperor Sheng Yuan, and sat for a while before she saw him striding out of the mansion, followed by tied up people behind him, describing the wretched Song shi and Ye Fan.

“What will happen to the two of them?” She asked in a low voice when Emperor Sheng Yuan got into the carriage.

“Everything is according to the law. Whatever crimes they committed will get the corresponding punishment. What? Madam wants to intercede for them?”

I’m not stupid enough to spare my enemy and make things difficult for myself. Guan Suyi’s heart was cold, but she didn’t show anything on her face, she only shook her head slightly. She was silent for a moment, then sincerely said, “Thank you, Your Majesty, for your timely help.” No matter how he watched the whole thing with a cold look while having his own plan, it couldn’t hide the fact that he saved her life. For this alone, Guan Suyi also had to say thank you, not to mention that she also got back her poem collection and the love letter written for her by her senior brother, although the love letter became a bag of white ashes when it arrived in her hands.