64

Chapter 64 Investigation

Guan Suyi had never understand this doing anything for money thing, knowing that it was the prince of the previous dynasty, and sending it to the Xue family’s army means that it was enough for them to occupy half of the Central Plains in the name of orthodoxy, but they actually agreed to it. Did the Ye family make less money? Their greed really has no end!

The prince was so used to being pampered, he contracted a serious illness and died on the way to Shuzhou, and Xue Mingrui’s plan to rely on the Son of Heaven to command the feudal vassal failed, otherwise it’s unknown who those noble family giants, who were now working for the emperor, would favor. After all, they valued bloodlines and orthodoxy the most.

Guan Suyi knew that if she couldn’t find the treasure map today, this matter would never end up well. What’s more, she knew the general who led the team was Zhou Tian, a newly appointed General of the Household, whose brother died tragically in the battle in Hancheng, it could be said that the feud with Zhao Luli was as deep as the sea. The greatest wish in his life was to kill Marquis Zhenbei with his own hand, but unfortunately he could not achieve it in the previous life, and he still needs to work hard in this life.

He was one of the most powerful lackey under Emperor Sheng Yuan’s hands, pointed him to where to fight and there would be no perfunctory at all. But he was different from Qin Lingyun and others who still had a bottom line, his methods were extremely vicious and extremely perverse. Falling into his hands means either death or death was better than life, there was no other option.

Today, the emperor sent him to deal with the Ye family members, it could be seen that he had endured to the extreme, and he was about to explode. When the Son of Heaven was angry, millions of corpses were laying down, and blood running like a river, these words were definitely not a joke.

Guan Suyi was trembling in her heart, but her face didn’t show the slightest fear. She stepped forward in front of Zhou Tian and cupped her hands to salute while lightly said, “General Zhou, you are running your mission and it’s reasonable to say that it’s inappropriate for this Madam to intervene. However, if a death row prisoner sentenced to beheading can have a full meal and get a little mercy before dying, isn’t against morality for you to treat these weak women like this? You can arrest people, you can search people, but please send a few female yamen to save them from humiliation.”

Zhou Tian didn’t take Marquis Zhenbei Mansion seriously at all, and because he had a deadly feud with Zhao Luli, he could rectify as much as he wanted, and destroy as much as he wanted. But this Madam Guan, not a single hair could be touched, only because the emperor had deliberately instructed him not to disturb Madam in the slightest, and if she was frighten even a little bit, he would be held accountable.

Zhou Tian originally thought that under such circumstances, Madam Guan would definitely not dare to step out of the room, but did not expect that she not only came, but also intended to meddle in his business, and he couldn’t help but feel hostile. He narrowed his eyes, stood up reluctantly, and said politely, “Madam, you yourself said that it is inappropriate for you to interfere with the criminal law, so it is better to stay away. A hen crows at daybreak is not inline with common sense, don’t you think?”

“A hen crows at daybreak?” As soon as Guan Suyi raised her hand slightly, Jinzi brought a chair for her to sit down.

“Since the general is going to argue with me, I will have a good fight with you. This is the Zhao Mansion, and I am the mistress of the Zhao family. Since you broke into my house and insulted my children and servants, am I not allow to stand up for them? If not as Zhao family’s clan woman, then as a first-rank title Madam?” She seemed to remember something and went to look at the little eunuch, “I almost forgot to ask, does the emperor say in the decree that he will take the official title from my head and also demoted me to a commoner?”