97

Chapter 97 Empress Dowager
Emperor Sheng Yuan sat cross-legged in the room, feeling depressed. Seeing that Madam had softened her heart, she not only explained the truth of the painting for him, she also cried for him. He only needed to explain what happened to Ye Zhen, highlight how he kept himself clean, and then they could fall in love with each other. But how she end up getting angry?

He took apart every sentence and even every word he had said before, and thought about it carefully, trying to figure it out. Today’s meeting was indeed a bit of a bitter trick. What kind of person Madam was, as someone who silently guarding her for half a year, even if it asked what she ate and drank, Emperor Sheng Yuan knew very well.

She was a typical knife-mouthed tofu-hearted person. She looked strong and incomparable, but she was actually the most kind, and especially liked children. Just talked about children and there wouldn’t be unwillingness to compromise. That’s why he slowly turned the topic to his childhood, and shared with her all the most difficult years and the most painful secrets.

However, in the process, he was slowly comforted and finally completely cured. He originally thought that the more rotten and deeper the wound, the more painful it would be when it dug up. But with only a few words from Madam, the rotten flesh disappeared and it was instantly smoothed out. She said that he was his mother’s treasure, and that he should not hurt himself, how happy and moved he was.

Everything was fine, but why you become so angry? Emperor Sheng Yuan was puzzled and scolded “Ye Zhen really harmed Zhen” through gritted teeth. Without a doubt the person he hated the most was Ye Zhen, the Empress Dowager, the first prince’s consort, the eldest princess and others have to step back.

Baifu was surprised by Madam Guan’s skills, and couldn’t help but exclaim, “Your Majesty, didn’t you immobilize Madam’s legs? How could she run away?” If they hadn’t taken for granted that Madam couldn’t move, they wouldn’t let their guard down easily.

“Is it the time to explore this? Why don’t you go to Jinzi and ask her why Madam is angry?” Emperor Sheng Yuan waved his hand impatiently, picked up the embroidered shoes on the ground, carefully patted off the dust, and hid it in his sleeve pocket.

Baifu hurriedly went to inquire, and returned with a stiff face after a while, and whispered, “Your Majesty, Lady Jinzi asked you not to look for her in the future, she will not tell you anything about Madam. She said that she will only be the madam’s girl in the future, no longer your dark guard, and her master will only be Madam.” After the words finished he felt frighten and waited for His Majesty to get angry.

Although Emperor Sheng Yuan’s face showed surprise, but there was no anger at all, after a while he laughed a little, and praised “good girl” while clapping his hands.

“Your Majesty, Lady Jinzi still has something to let this servant help convey.” The first disaster was avoided, but more cold sweat broke out on Baifu’s forehead, and he hesitated, “She said, she said that Madam thought you are stupid and asked you to read more books in the future.”

“What did you say?” The smile on Emperor Sheng Yuan’s face twisted for a moment.

“Your Majesty is insightful, this is not what this servant said, it was conveyed on behalf of Lady Jinzi!” Baifu knelt down with a plop, and secretly cried bitterly in his heart.

Emperor Sheng Yuan was stunned for a long time, and his tall and straight posture finally stooped down little by little. After sitting in the room for a long time, he left in a very dejected manner. When he walked to a pavilion, he saw that there were many scholars gathered inside, bent over on the desk to write rapidly.

“What are they doing? Go and see.”

Baifu was ordered to investigate, and when he came back, he whispered, “They are copying Madam’s “Book of Sacrifice for Sister-in-law”. Because there are many people attending the ceremony today, and the literary giants of the Guan clan and the Zhong clan all participate, therefore the scholars within the capital are all flocking here and the powerful nobles are also gathering here, after they read the sacrificial eulogy, it has already swept half of the capital, perhaps soon everyone will have a copy.”