92

Chapter 92 Pamper
What a strong person Madam was, Emperor Sheng Yuan knew very well, and had already anticipated many kind of consequences from his confession. Anger, refusal, and even destroying her family from death admonishment were all within the controllable range, but the matter of Ye Zhen shocked him a little.

A single slip may cause everlasting sorrow, it was only at this time that he deeply understood the meaning of this sentence. People really couldn’t make mistakes easily. Take a wrong step, and in the future you will have to pay a hundred times, even a thousand times the price, and now this price was definitely not something he could bear – Madam loathed him, hated him, never mind, she actually disgusted with him! She looked at him like she was staring at a mass of filth, and even approach a little closer would stain her territory.

Everyone said that he indulged in beauty and robbed other people’s wife, how could they know that he was the most innocent one! How much infamy did he bear for that husband and wife? How much glory was given to them? They even used that unwarranted sense of guilt to make him miss out the one he loved, putting him in such a dilemma. Who could understand his suffering? Who could justify his name?

In front of Madam who was full of cold air but at the same time seemed to be about to burst into flames, Emperor Sheng Yuan felt very powerless, but he couldn’t help but love her more deeply. Her words and deeds were just as he thought before, she refused so directly, her hand holding the silver hairpin exposed some blue veins, and she didn’t even tremble.

She stood on the opposite side with furious brows, clearly in a weak position, and even more in the abyss of despair, but her jaw was raised so high, her back was so straight, like a pine rooted on a cliff, high and steep. She also wanted to slap him a few times and tell him to beat it!

In the land under heaven only Madam dared to do this. She could be insulted, but she would never be crushed; she could be destroyed, but she would never bow her head and admit defeat.

Somehow, Emperor Sheng Yuan remembered the night Ye Zhen was sent to him. She knelt at his feet, weepingly begged him to let her die, and pretended to commit suicide, leaving him in a dilemma, with no room to advance or retreat. If he directly threw her a dagger at that time, how could there be so many messy things now?

Both were refusal, one was straightforward, with deep inner strength; the other was sticky, oily, and pretentious. It’s a pity that he didn’t read more books and had more insight back then, to actually fooled by a woman to this point, and Madam somehow also learned about those scandals!

The more Emperor Sheng Yuan thought about it, the more embarrassed he became, and the more he thought about it, the more awkward he became. If there was a crack in the ground, he would to immediately drill to get in. But Madam still held the silver hairpin to her throat, how could he not care, he had to endure his shame and persuade, “Madam, don’t be impulsive, Zhen will never hurt you, you put down the hairpin first, then we’ll talk about it calmly, okay?”

“Talk what? How do you lust for beauty and steal other people’s wife? You study Confucianism all day, but have you ever known the word ‘shame’?” Guan Suyi gritted her teeth.

Emperor Sheng Yuan wiped his face and said helplessly, “Zhen naturally know the word ‘shame’, but it doesn’t know Zhen, so bound to disappoint Madam.”

“You, you are so shameless!” Guan Suyi was shocked by the shamelessness of this man, she stretched out her index finger tremblingly, but because of this short inattentiveness, it let the other person to seize this opportunity to approach quickly, snatched the silver hairpin, and hold her tightly from behind.

“If can get Madam, why Zhen need any shame?” He tried his best to soften his voice and soothe her in a low voice, “Madam, don’t be angry, Zhen is more uncomfortable than you when you’re angry. How did you know about Ye Zhen? Who told you?”