63

Chapter 63 Raid The House

When the monarch and minister came out from the inner hall, Zhao Luli had changed into a clean robe, then walked quickly to Old Master Guan and Guan Father and knelt down.

“Son-in-law has pleaded guilty to the crime, and now will go to Department of Justice to assist in the investigation of Ye Quanyong’s case, and the title has been stripped off and demoted to a commoner, it’s indeed  reaping what ones has sown. However Suyi is also implicated in this great hardship with son-in-law, so the heart is uneasy and remorseful, especially ask grandfather and father-in-law for forgiveness. Son-in-law is confused, and every misconduct, oversight, and blunders has make Suyi grieved and sad. In the future son-in-law will definitely make up to her, treat her well, and if repeat the same mistake, immediately will be strike by thunder!”

Old Master Guan and Guan Father looked at each other, waved their hands, and said, “Get up. There is nothing better than knowing your mistakes and correct them, and I hope you will do what you say. It doesn’t matter if you don’t have the title, only hope you get back on the right path, forget the past, to take pity on the people in front of you.”

“Son-in-law understands, thank you grandfather and father-in-law for your teachings!” Zhao Luli kowtowed three times in a row, and then his eyes turned red.

Emperor Sheng Yuan sat on the side and watched coldly, unable to tell what he felt in his heart. He never thought that if Zhao Luli lost his title, the Guan family would look down on him and ask for reconciliation; he never thought that even if he had the heart to repent, the Guan family would not give him a chance.

The Guan family were tough, loyal, and seemingly decisive, but in fact they always gave people a chance to survive. This was exactly their benevolence. The Guan family loved talent but not wealth, gold and silver, pearls and jade, high post and generous salary were just optional embellishments, achieved it honestly and lose will be indifferent. Zhao Luli could marry their daughter, even if he fell to this point, in the future as long as he kept his promise and treated her sincerely, they would be able to get rid of the grudges before and lived in harmony.

So Madam was a treasure, no matter who married her. Wasn’t a stupid insect like Zhao Luli also awakened by her? No, he was not a stupid insect, he was just pretending to be confused. When he realized how precious Madam was, even if he had a deep affection for Ye Zhen, he would slowly wake up, slowly forget, and then devote himself to the present.

Emperor Sheng Yuan has no doubt that Madam had that charm. As long as she wanted, she could conquer any man in the world.

The more he thought about it, the more fear and anxiety in Emperor Sheng Yuan’s heart, he couldn’t help but look up at Emperor Teacher and Chief of Ceremonies. The two had stood up and saluted to bid farewell, without showing the slightest desire to ask for reconciliation decree, and when they were far away, Emperor Sheng Yuan cursed “bastard” with red eyes.

The low and hoarse voice was full of hatred and unwillingness, as well as a strong sense of self-loathing.

Baifu was taken aback and wondered who the emperor was angry with. Did the Emperor Teacher and Chief of Ceremonies offended him?

In fact, Emperor Sheng Yuan hated both Ye Zhen and Zhao Luli, as well as himself. This ‘bastard’ word, scolding himself weight more heavily. He desperately wanted to take the initiative to let Madam reconcile, but he was the one who bestowed the marriage, and he was also the one who demanded for divorce, then in the Emperor Teacher’ and Chief of Ceremonies’ mind, they would probably think of him as a dimwitted monarch who was unsympathetic with his courtiers and regarded the lifelong happiness of their daughter as a child’s play.