105

Chapter 105 Resentment
When Ye Zhen came out to meet the guest, Zhao Luli was like an enraged beast with all the hair on his body standing up. The good memories he shared with Ye Zhen had long been replaced with Madam’s frowns, smiles, joy and anger, so he could maintain a clear head and glimpse the truth through the illusory light and shadow.

After Ye Zhen’s return, it seemed that “anxious” was not enough to describe her various behavior, and it’s more appropriate to replace it with “aggressive”. She was forcing Madam to recognize her original di wife status, and then let her retreat to the position of equal wife. Wasn’t she always kind, weak, and indifferent to the world? Could it be that the Imperial Palace was really a shameful place that could make her change so much?

Seeing that she was surrounded by noble family’s womenfolk and criticized Madam in a playful tone, Zhao Luli wanted to walk over and drive them all away. However, Madam was always steadfast and her face was as usual. She put her two fingers together and tapped on her full and smooth forehead, and then pressed it on her rosy and shiny lips, spitting out words as sharp as a knife, making everyone stunned and afraid to speak.

It looked so beautiful, Zhao Luli stared at her closely, his heart pounding.

Zhao Chunxi had long been able to resist the invasion of her stepmother’s beauty, and it only take a few moment before she recovered from her daze and walked quickly. She knew that her stepmother was by no means a kind of person who shoot without aim*. She said that the emperor had other motive to posthumously confer the second aunt, so this matter must be true.

“Mom, have you guess something? Does it have anything to do with our family? Is it important?” She asked in whisper.

“It has nothing to do with the Zhao family, don’t worry. Take good care of your mother, don’t let her be used as a gunman by other people.” Guan Suyi looked at the mature and prudent Zhao Chunxi, and felt a lot of emotion in her heart. The person who used to be the most jealous was now the closest to her. Even when her biological mother return, she could look at the problem rationally and kept her inner beliefs; unlike Zhao Wangshu, no matter how good you were to him before, as long as others instigate him slightly, he could immediately change his original intention, and would not return.

In the final analysis, it was all due to character, regardless of whether the nature was good or bad. Therefore, Guan Suyi did not hold any resentment, nor was she angry, and she instructed lightly, “Go back and kneel, the ceremony is about to begin. You don’t need to ask more about these things, you will know sooner or later.”

Zhao Chunxi nodded obediently, walked to Ye Zhen and whispered, “Mother, are you okay? The ceremony is about to start. If you can’t hold on, your daughter will send you back to your room to rest.”

Ye Zhen naturally didn’t want to kneel and worship for two hours, and quickly held her forehead to pretend to be weak, but she didn’t expect that as soon as she walked into the backyard with her daughter, she was pushed into the rockery hole and warned in a low voice, “Only daddy would believe the lie that you asked to leave the palace yourself. How could I not understand your temperament? You are the kind of person who don’t shed tears until you see the coffin*. If you don’t already lose all hope of getting back the favor and worry about your life, how can you be willing to give up the glory and wealth in the palace? Now that you have nothing, you think of us. Do you treat us father and children as objects without flesh and feeling? I know about a lot of things you did in the palace, saying that you sacrificed everything for daddy, but I saw that you hooked up with the emperor very happily! Do you remember the poison you gave me? If you annoyed me, I will bring it to daddy to expose your true face!”

Seeing Ye Zhen’s shocked and angry expression, she said word by word, “I was looking forward to your coming back, but then I gradually realized that your heart is higher than the sky and you will never come back, so I thought that I would also fly to you. At the same height, I can see you all the time and be close to you. But I now understand that tearing off other people’s skin to harden a pair of wings for yourself, without the support of bone wings, it will fall off sooner or later. Look at yourself, how embarrassed, how defeated, but you still don’t know how to repent and still do all the shameful things! You still want to compete with stepmother and try your best to push her down! Take out your appearance, talent, temperament, and moral character one by one, which one can you compare with her? Where were you when daddy was poisoned with alcohol and dying? Where were you when the Zhao family were stripped off its title and the mansion was raided? Where were you when I was almost insulted by the officers? Where were you when the Ye family wanted to dragged the Zhao family to the grave with them? You were not in every single one of them. After abandoning your husband and children, what qualifications do you have to be the mistress of the Zhao family? What qualifications do you have to be daddy’s wife? What qualifications do you have to let me and my brother call you mother?”