EXTRA

Chapter 181 Extra (4)
After marrying into the Zhao mansion for four years, Guan Suyi had never been so close to Zhao Luli. But what was close to him was only the body, and what could no longer be approached was the heart. She was led to the main house by this man to talk, throughout the way her expression was wooden.

“Suyi, it was my fault.” Zhao Luli was used to apologizing to Madam once he opened his mouth. He understood that if Madam’s family background was low, and from beginning to end he never come to see the truth, he would indeed treat her in such a cruel way. So even if she asked for reconciliation and chose Huo Shengzhe, he could never blame her, let alone resent.

“After you passed the door, you were filial to mother, took care of the children, took charge of the central-fed, and do everything well. To be able to marry you, I don’t know how many blessings I have cultivated in my life.” Speaking until here, he felt more and more guilty. “That night I drank too much and was about to do something worse than a beast, you smashed me, but it actually woke me up. The dead are gone, and the living are still here. The dead only need to be remembered in memory, and those who are around should be cherished even more. Suyi, can you forgive me?” He held Madam’s fingertips, his eyes full of hope and prayer.

If it was a different person, after four years of humiliation and then being lifted up like this, they would definitely be grateful and agree. But Guan Suyi’s heart had become cold, and she couldn’t feel the slightest joy, only felt anger of being arbitrarily controlled. Is she an object? Can people throw her away and pick her up as they want?

However, thinking of her grandfather who was seriously ill, and her parents who had been running around for a living and suffered humiliation, no matter how unwilling she was, she had to accept Zhao Luli’s offer.

“Lord Maquis is not at fault,” she heard her hollow voice ringing in her ears. “It’s this wife who has lost her duty. Lord Marquis is able to wake up, this wife is very happy.”

Zhao Luli’s hanging heart finally landed on the ground, and he slowly embraced Madam into his arms, cherishing and stroking her pale cheeks. Whether or not Madam could let go of the grudge, he had a long life to get her forgiveness. He wanted to turn her into his real wife now, but he was afraid that the shadow of the past would still remain in her heart, so he had to hold back for the time being.

The two reconciled, and the one who was the happiest was the old madam. She called the couple to the main courtyard, gave them some earnest advice, and then asked the servants to set up a banquet so that everyone could recover from their shock. Zhao Chunxi and Zhao Wangshu helped Ye Fan who was arriving late, and were about to take their seats, when they heard their father asked in a cold voice, “When a family eats, where there is a reason for a concubine to be on the same table?”

Guan Suyi glanced at him indifferently, although she didn’t understand why his temperament changed so much, she wouldn’t be easily moved. Was it only a few times Ye Fan sat on an equal footing with her? If he really respected her as his wife, he wouldn’t let her stay alone in the empty house while pampering his concubines. But thinking about it now, being alone in an empty house was not necessarily a bad thing, at least she was still clean.

Ye Fan took a step back, her expression aggrieved. Zhao Wangshu was anxious, and said quickly, “Auntie is our family, isn’t she always sitting like this? What’s more, she is still pregnant now!”

In the end, the old madam felt sorry for her grandson, and waved, “Sit down, Ye Fan is about to give birth, and it’s not too late to follow the rules after the child is born.” In her eyes, after all, the Zhao family’s descendants were more important, which was also why Ye Fan, who had similar face to Ye Zhen, could still win her favor.