25

Chapter 25 Pick-up Treasure

A nine-foot-tall man standing right across from you, staring with eyes full of curiosity, especially his pupils are still light blue, which looks very distant and pure. This picture made Guan Suyi’s heart softened. The Guan family was a family of literary giants and also an educational family. They had always adhered to the principle of teaching without distinction. As long as have a heart of eagerness to learn and seek truth, they were willing to teach others regardless of their status.

Therefore, in the face of this rough man who was almost reaching thirties, but couldn’t even speak Han language very smoothly, Guan Suyi was also willing to exchange knowledge with him, and even share everything she knew. She raised her eyebrows pondering, trying to find the easiest way to express her opinion.

Emperor Sheng Yuan held the teapot and leaned slightly to look. His focused eyes seemed to want to penetrate the thin black veil to see the true face of the beauty. Qin Lingyun coughed first, seeing that he couldn’t call back His Majesty’s mind, he had to wink at his sister-in-law.

Li shi said with a smile, “Hunnar, don’t block Madam’s sight, sit down.”

“Thanking Madam.” Emperor Sheng Yuan saluted in a dignified manner, then sat down in reserved manner, and still looked restlessly at Guan Suyi.

Guan Suyi raised her eyebrows and said with a smile, “Hunnar, the light of the temple. It’s a good name, your parents must have high expectations for you.”

Qin Lingyun showed a surprised expression, and even Emperor Sheng Yuan was stunned for a moment. Asked, “Do you know Jiuli language?”

“My grandmother is Zuo Dingxiang.” Guan Suyi replied politely.

Emperor Sheng Yuan suddenly said, “If we’re talking about knowledgeable people, no one in this world can compare to historians.”

“Yes, no matter which school, which great man, which book, as long as they leave a trace in history, they all will be like enumerating one’s family treasure.” Guan Suyi smiled heartily, obviously liked the indirect compliments of the Jiuli strong man for her grandmother. She pointed out at the topic board downstairs with her fingertips and continued, “Didn’t you just ask me why today’s proposition is a false proposition?”

“Yes, I think human nature should be evil. Otherwise, why is it easy to learn bad things, but difficult to be good? Why do we always have to use severe punishments and laws to restrain people’s behavior, and once the legal system is in chaos, the social atmosphere will also be in chaos.” Emperor Sheng Yuan looked over with a burning gaze. He highly praised Legalism thought, and naturally also agreed with the view that “human nature is inherently evil”. He was curious how Guan Suyi would answer.

Qin Lingyun also looked serious and waited solemnly.

Guan Suyi was worried that Hunnar wouldn’t understand too profound Han language, so she asked the shop assistant for a few white papers and a set of four treasures of the study, unhurriedly spread them out .

She picked up a blank piece of paper and said slowly, “People don’t understand anything when they were just born, their brains are like this blank piece of paper, completely empty, it’s the simplest and most harmless thing. At this time, they do not distinguish between good and bad, so there is no good or evil in human nature. In the process of growing up, children will come into contact with different people and different environments, some are comfortable, some are sinister, so they are painted with various kind of color and become a variety of people. Good people have dark thoughts, evil people have bright sides, and most people are neither good nor bad, just somewhere between them. In fact, what is the nature of human beings, Confucius and Gaozi have already answered.”