47

Chapter 47 Slap in The Face

After coming out of the main courtyard, Guan Suyi bent her knees and waved at Mu Mu, “Little Mu Mu, will you go back to the main house with mother?”

Mu Mu immediately hid behind Ruan shi, his two small hands tightly grasped the hem of her skirt, stuck out half of his head to look timidly, and then shook his head invisibly. Guan Suyi thought that he would not let go of his defenses so quickly. For a child like him, he must have a lot of barricades, and it often took more than ten years or even more than half of his life to recover from the trauma of war.

Mu Mu was still young, and his mind was still uncertain. He only needs to be gently soothed, and sooner or later he would recover. She was not in a hurry either, and smiled, “Then mother had to go back alone.” She then straightened up and said sternly, “Sister-in-law, did you send him to the clan school?”

Ruan shi helplessly sighed, “Send it, he can’t stay, either hiding by himself or being bullied by his little friends in the clan school. Sister-in-law, you don’t know, his adoptive brother really doesn’t like him. One time he actually took off Mu Mu’s robe, and poured ink all over him. Mu Mu didn’t know how to resist, and when he got home, he scared me to death. He was as black as little ghost, if he didn’t open his mouth, we could only see a pair of white eyes rolling around. It make me angry, funny and distressed.”

Speaking of Zhao Wangshu, Ruan shi was full of complaints. On the way back, she had already inquired clearly that this new sister-in-law came from a literary giants family and was very good at dealing with naughty children. As soon as she arrived, she let lord marquis beat Zhao Wangshu and restrained him to study and read, which was quite effective. Therefore, she dared to say a few words of truth, otherwise she would have taken Mu Mu and avoided her long ago.

“After all, Zhao Wangshu and Zhao Chunxi are not my children, and now the Ye family has stuffed in another Concubine Ye. I should have strictly disciplined them, but now I’m afraid it won’t work. If sister-in-law doesn’t  dislike it, how about sending Mu Mu to the main house every day, and I will personally teach him to study and send him back after dinner. Your pregnancy is getting more and more advanced, and your energy is not enough, it’s difficult to even take care of yourself, let alone Mu Mu. One of us can take care during the day while the other during the night, let him adapt slowly. After five to six months, your body will be heavy, and I will take him over completely, and you will be able to give birth in peace.”

Ruan shi was overjoyed and said yes again and again. It was really a blessing for Mu Mu to be able to worship at Guan shi as a disciple, and only a fool like the eldest young master would try his best to avoid it. Alas, there are those who, though they have a good destiny, are not blessed in the midst of blessings.

Guan Suyi got Ruan shi‘s approval, and did not forget to ask Mu Mu’s opinion, “Did Little Mu Mu heard what we said just now? In the future, you will study with your adoptive mother during the day and play with your second aunt at night, okay?”

Mu Mu seriously thought about it for a while and then nodded slightly.

Both sisters-in-law were satisfied and went separate ways. Guan Suyi walked to the door of the main house and saw a lot of melon seeds and shells mixed with falling flowers. Didn’t know which servant who was lazy and irresponsible that discarded it. After walking two steps, there was no one in the courtyard, except for an eight or nine years old maid standing by the east window, tiptoeing while cleaning the top window lattice with a rag.

“Why are you alone? Where are the others?” Minglan took the little maid’s rag from behind and helped her clean the window ledge.

The little maid was taken aback and saluted tremblingly, “This servant has seen Madam. This servant is responsible for cleaning, but because of her clumsy hands and feet, she has not finished the work at noon. Begging madam to please forgive. Everyone else went to the kitchen to get their meals and will be back soon.”