132

Chapter 132 Reality
“Gate wall of peach and plum, famous all over the world?” Guan Suyi flipped through the “Subset Commentary” in her hand, and smiled sarcastically, “All I see is fishing for fame and pull support to form faction.”

Jinzi reported Xu Guangzhi’s recent movements in detail, and sighed, “He is really a snake who knows how to curry favor. You destroy his literary name again and again, but he still can get up again and again, and climbs higher and higher each time. You take a look, this is his newly published article, titled “Doctrine of Teacher’s Way,” which compared the scholars who criticized him for recruiting disciples to ‘Groups of dog in village barking, barking what they find strange*‘, and also said that he ‘disregarded common customs, be laughed at and insulted, resisting face and become a teacher,  and he’s willing to guide the students of Wei Kingdom in literary road and stand up to the teacher’s way’. Because most of the students who participated in the imperial examination were from poor families, they’re not qualified to hire great teachers, and they are deeply impressed by his one or two teachings, so they speak up to build momentum for him. Now no one dares to openly oppose him, they all have fled away.”

“Bring the article here,” Guan Suyi spread her palms, her tone was careless, “Mencius said – The fault of people is that they like to be the teacher of others. But I can’t agree. If someone else writes this kind of book, I will definitely give full support and exert my strength to cheer them, just because they pointed out a clear path for the students in the world. However, this person is Xu Guangzhi, I will suppress him again to see how many times he can get up.”

Jinzi took out the manuscript of “Doctrine of Teacher’s Way” and asked in a low voice, “Miss, what kind of deep hatred do you have with Xu Guangzhi? Why you insist on making things difficult for him? Besides, how do you want to suppress him? He has blocked all the words, and bought the hearts of the poor students all over the world, and you alone may be no match for the people’s mouths.”

Guan Suyi waved her hand and whispered, “Who said I was fighting against him alone? I’ll just throw out a brick and get a jade back* and let all the great scholars in the world to also speak. At that time, this “Subset Commentary” will not be worth a penny.”

“What is this trick of throwing out a brick and get a jade back ?” Jinzi liked Miss’ ruthlessness toward the literary world the most.

“He writes books, and I also write books. It just depends on who has better ideas.” After saying this, Guan Suyi spread out the rice paper, picked up the brush and was about to write. But unexpectedly Zhong shi to walk in with a stack of calling cards. She urged, “Why haven’t you dressed yet? Didn’t I tell you that we’re going to be a guest at Madam Ma’s house later?”

“I also sent Minglan to inform you that I will not go.” Guan Suyi had no choice but to put down the brush dipped in ink, frowning slightly.

“You have to go even if you don’t want to. I have already replied to the post, how can I break the promise? Mother tells you that Madam Ma’s eldest son is really gentle and elegant, very handsome. He traveled around Jiangnan before, and this time he came back specially to participate in the imperial examination, his learning is not worse than Young Master Ji. Although he married once, his first wife died of illness. Now the three-year filial piety period has passed, and still have not any children. He is a good match.” Zhong shi walked forward and dragged her daughter, her hands kept busy while quickly tied up her daughter’s loose hair, and ordered Jinzi and Minglan to prepare the dress and rouge gouache.

Seeing that the manuscript on the table was disrupted, and the brush rolled off the table, Guan Suyi finally couldn’t bear it any longer, and asked solemnly, “Mother, what do you want me to do? Hurry up and get married? Well daughter will immediately write a letter to my lover and ask him to come and marry me, so you don’t have to worry, just wait at home to receive the betrothal gift.”