138

Chapter 138 Mother of The Country
Emperor Sheng Yuan was worried about how to win over these talents, and then Emperor Teacher gave him this wonderful idea. As long as the proclamation was issued to the world, and with the temptation to write a book that could be passed down for future generation, which literati could resist? As long as they were willing to come, he could make people stay behind!

“Emperor Teacher has a good mind! Bring the memorial, Zhen want to take a closer look!” He immediately asked Baifu to present the half-foot-thick memorial to the imperial desk.

The generals still did not respond, but the civil servants were already red in the face with excitement. Leaving a masterpiece for future generations, those who were fortunate enough to participate in this would surely leave a good reputation for all eternity! This was what they have been looking for all their lives, how could they miss it? Emperor Teacher really had a broad mind, and capable to expand the literary world, unlike Xu Guangzhi, who blindly deceived the world and stole name to gain profits.

Be sure to let the emperor approve the memorial as soon as possible! Be sure to get the book-writing position! Thinking like this, all the civil servants were ready to move. When the court disperse and the news spread, the great scholars who lived in Yanjing, would surely gather in the Emperor Teacher Mansion to try to contribute to the Confucian treasure book. This kind of thing did not need to be stirred at all. As long as the emperor call for action, the people of the world would definitely respond!

In a moment of thought, Emperor Sheng Yuan had already quickly read the memorial, and without even thinking about it, he lifted the imperial brush and wrote “memorial is granted” in bright red. He also appointed Emperor Teacher as Lantai Historian, in charge of setting up the compilation hall, and summoned the world’s literary giants to participate in this grand event.

Old Master Guan kowtowed to accept the order, looking very excited. All the civil servants also knelt down and kowtowed, cried out Long live Your Majesty.

After another court affairs were dealt with, Emperor Sheng Yuan felt a little high-spirited, and was about to let Baifu shout the dismissal of the court. However he saw the princes of the Jiuli clan come forward in unison, begging the emperor to set up an empress. Because of his bizarre background, and because the previous emperor had murderous intentions for this son, the loyalty of the imperial family to Emperor Sheng Yuan was far less than that of the Han people. No one expected that it would be him who eventually ascend the throne, and on top of that he received Empress Dowager’s instigation, so it was inevitable that they had a disobedient heart. Therefore, in the early days of the founding of the country, among the top ten surname of Jiuli clan only the Pan family sent their daughter to the palace, and the rest of the imperial concubines all had lowly background, considered as discarded pieces.

Now that the mystery of Emperor Sheng Yuan’s life experience had been solved, and with the help of Han ministers, his power had become more stable and his prestige had risen. While the Empress Dowager’s line had completely given up and almost hidden, causing the imperial relatives and the ten noble surnames panicked and wanted to stuffed their daughter into the harem.

The emperor was abandoned by his clan since he was a child, and was raised by a pack of wolves. Most of the troops who helped him conquer the world were Han troops, so how much feeling did he still have for his clan? No one dared to think deeply about the answer to this question. But watching him wantonly support Han ministers, and focused on suppressing the Jiuli clan nobles who were not loyal to him, they could assume one or two.

Strengthening his blood ties with the clan while the military power had not yet completely captured by him was a method that the princes had been painstakingly thought for many days. In any case, the Empress of Wei must be a woman of the Jiuli clan, and the next crown prince must be come from a concubine of the Jiuli clan, and the emperor must not be allowed to mess up the imperial bloodline.