149

Chapter 149 Good Show
Because Guan Wenhai was suddenly arrested by the officials, and it was said that he had been sentenced with severe punishment, his mother Yao shi had been crying for a day and a night. Until this morning, when she heard that Mu Mu had been found, she urged the great old master to come to the door to beg the people. It had long become the norm for them to ask anything from the Guan family, and they thought that as long as Mu Mu was safe this time, the Guan family would put the matter to rest. So what if Mu Mu had an accident? Just a wild species, what does it matter? When Zhong shi was abandoned by the clan until she had a miscarriage, the Guan family never cared about it.

It was precisely because they were benevolent that the clansmen could squeezed them dry, and the clansmen never thought that there was a time where benevolent people would also run out their patience.

“Sister-in-law, stop crying. When the clan leader personally went, how can people not give in to his demand? I heard that the wild seed is fine, not a single hair is missing, but our Wenhai have been badly punished, we must settle this account with them! They all say that this matter was ordered by Wenhai, I don’t believe it even if I’m beaten to death. It must be their family who framed the blame! What kind of person Wenhai is, we watched him grow up, can we still not know?”

“Yeah, sister-in-law should wipe away your tears. Maybe Wenhai will be back soon. So what if the Emperor Teacher Mansion is high and powerful? If there is no heir, won’t they still have to rely on our clan to continue the incense for them in the future? Dare to do anything to us, as long as the clan leader speaks, there is no reason not to agree.”

After listening to the consolation of her sister-in-law, Yao shi‘s mood was much better, and she was about to ask the maid to fetch a basin of water to wash her face when she heard that the clan leader was back, and hurriedly carried the hem of her skirt to greet him.

“What’s the matter?” Everyone asked in confusion.

“I have sent the servant to pick up the person from the Heavenly Prison, he will be home soon.” There was no trace of joy on the clan leader’s face.

His eldest son asked with an expectant expression, “Has the matter of sacrificial lands been discussed? How many hectares is their family willing to pay?”

“Discussed. Six thousand hectares.” The patriarch didn’t want to say more, and went straight back to the house.

The rest of the people rejoiced, put their hands on their forehead while celebrating, “Oh my God, six thousand hectares! I think it’s more than enough to feed our entire clan, right? The Emperor Teacher Mansion is really generous, I don’t know how much gold and silver they have at home!” Thinking like this, their desire to encroach the Guan Family’s property became stronger and stronger.

However, the happiness was only short lived. At noon, Guan Wenhai was indeed released. When he was walking through the downtown area, he happened to meet several rouge leaders who were arrested and brought to justice. They had already received the tip from the officers, they knew that Guan Wenhai fellow was safe and sound, and it was them that had to take the blame for him. When they saw each other, their eyes were full of blood, and they roared in full view of everyone, saying that they were bought by Guan Wenhai commit crimes, and he was the main culprit.

Guan Wenhai had long been frightened by all kinds of torture, holding his head and hide behind the head guard, at a glance people could tell that there was a ghost in his heart. The crowd’s eyes were sharp, and they really couldn’t understand how he could get out of the prison safely? This is the capital offense of plotting against people’s life!

Soon, Zhong shi spread the news about the Guan clan’s harsh treatment of the Emperor Teacher Mansion, withholding money, robbing the land, abandoning pregnant women, and cutting off their descendants… The charges were innumerable, and truly appalling, people never expected the Emperor Teacher Mansion which looked beautiful from the outside was actually treated this way in the clan, it was true that good people would be cheated on by other!