159

Chapter 159 Beating
The list of scholars who passed the imperial examination had been released. The ones who became Zhuangyuan, Bangyan , and Tanhua  were actually three poor students who had never reveal their talents before. Qi Yu and Ji Chengyue, who were the most famous, one was implicated because his wife was committing crime and had to give up the exam halfway; The other one, because his father persecuted his niece and nephew, and breaking off people’s marriage, although he was supposed to be the number one, he was brushed off in the virtue assessment and only got the top Erjia.

Guan Suyi flipped through the list that Jinzi got for her for a long time, and finally let out a long sigh of relief. Reborn again, it was indeed very different from her previous life. The original Zhuangyuan should be Qi Yu, Xu Guangzhi’s eldest son as Bangyan, and Ji Chengyue as Tanhua. However, she didn’t know the three highest rank who passed the exam now.

It was precisely because Qi Yu was a disciple of Guan family that Xu Guangzhi worried that her grandfather and father would use this pretext to enter the officialdom, so he went to a great length to ruin her and Qi Yu’s reputation, which completely destroy the last glimmer of hope to make the Guan family rise up again. She had always known that it was absolutely impossible to implicate the new Zhangyuan just relying on the back house struggle alone, and there must be a power struggle behind it. But in this life, all the disasters were gone, and she was no longer the powerless Madam Zhao, someone who was full of proud bones but was hit by people over and over again until she broke apart.

After thinking about it, she put down the list, felt completely relieved.

Jinzi took out several sets of dresses and laid them flat on the bed, and said with a smile, “Miss, which dress do you want to wear? If you don’t pick now, Madam will come to urge you later.”

“Wear that red smoke cloud butterfly skirt with this set of gold-encrusted and jade inlaid head ornaments.” Guan Suyi looked in the mirror and said casually, “There is no hurry, people from the clan are coming to beat the autumn wind today, and they must be kneeling again, kowtowing again, and wailing again, anyway I can’t get out within half an hour. It’s also strange, back then, our family provided so much for the clan but never saw them showed any gratitude. But now we asked to be removed from the clan, they come to the door to reminisce about our family’s goodwill every day. It turns out it’s not that they don’t understand good and evil, but they just pretended to be stupid.”

“That is even more hateful! Getting other people’s goodwill but also not remember other people’s kindness, it’s typical white-eyed wolf. It’s also them who do not accumulate virtue. The six thousand hectares of fertile land that they just got were occupied by the stingy army in just two months. There are hundreds of people in the clan who don’t know how to live in the future, and if they don’t ask the Emperor Teacher Mansion, who else can they ask for?” Jinzi took delight in other people’s calamity.

Minglan said sarcastically while applying makeup to her miss, “It’s useless to beg. Madam’s heart has completely gone cold, so it’s out of the question to deal with them. Don’t you think they are so shameless? Before, they refused to put the young master into the family tree no matter what, but now the Emperor Teacher Mansion asked to be removed from the clan, they instead anxiously wrote the young master’s name, and took out the family tree to flatter him. It’s really disgusting.”

Guan Suyi dipped a little bit of lip rouge with her little finger and smeared it on her lips, then said, “Why are you talking about these things on such a good day? Not afraid of getting bad luck?”

Jinzi and Minglan kept their mouths shut, waited for their miss to get dressed, and then together went to the front hall. The people of the Guan clan were still shamelessly sat in the hall, and when they saw the magnificently brilliant and beautiful beyond words Guan Suyi, they were all stunned for a while, and then tried to flatter her.