EXTRA

Chapter 197 Extra (20)
Emperor Sheng Yuan sent people to investigate the loosening of the iron cage, but because the result would not come in a short time, and seeing all the ladies looking pale and lethargic, he said, “Afraid you ladies are scared, why don’t you go and sit in the garden for a while to suppress your shock.”

Everyone could not refuse, they came to the Imperial Garden with weak steps, while admiring clusters of blooming peonies in the surrounding.

“Look, this is the king of peony planted by the Empress Dowager herself. The yellow one is called Yao Huang, and the purple one is called Wei Zi. What do you think?” The grand princess put one hand on Guan Suyi’s shoulder, but it was brushed off by Emperor Sheng Yuan with nonchalant smile.

Guan Suyi lowered her eyes and said, “The king of flowers is very extraordinary.” She didn’t dare to say more.

The rest of the people were also full of praise for the flowers, openly and secretly flattered the Empress Dowager. It was a well-known secret that the emperor had difficulty with having child, and the empress dowager had raised six imperial grandsons under her knees, all of whom were clever and healthy, and a few days ago, she sent a message to let the emperor adopt one as the heir. The emperor was still considering it, but the empress chose the sixth imperial grandson, who had now been brought to Jiaofang Palace to be raised, just waiting for the emperor to issue a clear decree.

If this matter was done, the Empress Dowager and the empress would form an alliance. These two were the most powerful women in the harem, who would dare to fight with them? Rather than curry favor with the emperor and gain wealth for a decade or two, it would be better to stand in line early and gain a merit from the dragon. Thinking like this, everyone praised them more and more, and even compared these two clusters of peonies to flower fairy descending to earth, a sign of auspiciousness.

Guan Suyi frowned. The grand princess held the handle of her machete tightly, obviously suppressing her desire to cut people. If it wasn’t for Hunnar being stubborn, yelling he was not listened, beating he instead fell back, she really wished to strip him naked, poured aphrodisiacs, and threw him into the pile of women, let him gave birth to seventeen or eighteen sons at once. Then let see how can the Empress Dowager that old hag be so proud!

While she was thinking wildly, Emperor Sheng Yuan stepped forward, plucked the most beautiful Yao Huang, and inserted it diagonally on Madam’s temple, smiling, “What flower fairy, what king of flowers, they cannot compare to Zhen’s considerate flower.”

The priceless flower was damaged like this, making all the ladies momentarily dumbfounded. The admiration they had been brewing for a long time all turned into turbid air, spinning back and forth in their stomachs, say not dare to say, hold back unable to hold back, don’t mention how uncomfortable it was inside. Is the emperor meant to slap the empress dowager in the face or to lift up Guan Suyi? Or both? Are the beauties sent to the palace by Her Highness grand princess before still not enough? When did he ever care so much!

Thinking like this, everyone looked at Guan Suyi with different light. They didn’t notice it before, but this former Marquis Zhenbei Madam was actually a rare beauty, with a very extraordinary appearance and bearing. Wearing a king of flowers on her temples, she didn’t look inferior at all, the person was indeed more delicate than flowers. No wonder she hadn’t even entered the palace, but the emperor rushed over to meet her.

Guan Suyi followed her grandfather to travel south and north since she was a child, and she was not frightened by everyone’s scrutiny or jealousy. She touched the tender petals, then looked at the emperor’s deep eyes, her cheeks flushed, and she hurriedly lowered her head. How people usually respond at a time like this? Is it a reserved thank you or an ambiguous coquettishness? She was at a loss, stood there for a long time before saying “thanking Your Majesty for the flowers” in a low voice, and then clenched her fists in annoyance.