49

Chapter 49 Righteousness

After the thirty-two charges were recited, Old Master Guan said in a voice as loud as a bell, “Ye Quanyong committed treason, forming party, favoritism, fraud, dereliction of duty, corrupt, deceive the monarch, offending face, great disrespect, and disregard human’s life. When this minister heard about everything, he was heartbroken and really hateful, therefore offering one’s own limited view, and respectfully ask for Your Majesty’s judgement.”

Emperor Sheng Yuan raised his hand to wipe off the cold sweat from his forehead, and was about to speak, but one court official stood up and asked, “Everyone knows that the Ye family and the Guan family have been at odds recently, and Emperor Teacher impeach Master Ye as soon as he took office. Isn’t there a suspicion of personal vendetta?”

Old Master Guan glanced at him lightly, “If half the matter of impeachment by this official is found to be false after it’s verified by the emperor, it will not be too late for you to sue this official for personal vendetta. At that time, this official will strip off his clothes and remove his hat, and beg to return to his hometown.” Holding up the jade tablet, he continued, “This minister still has another person who wants to impeach.”

Emperor Sheng Yuan waved his hand helplessly, “Emperor Teacher, please take your time.”

Hundreds of civil and military officials held their breaths and were afraid, because the previous impeachment against Master Ye by Old Master Guan was actually involved hundreds of officials, if the Emperor Teacher found out one by one, the fate of those people could be imagined. Old Master Guan was indeed like the phrase ‘should one desire to sing, one would amaze the world with his first song’. They hope they didn’t offend him in the past.

Only Guan Father was the most calm, just clenched the jade tablet in his hand, sweating for his father.

Old Master Guan cleared his throat and said sternly, “This minister also want to impeach the emperor for manipulating the command secretly, appoint people by favoritism, fail to cultivate the inner palace, and mishandling the importance of things. Resulting in the loss of the border positions, increased the casualties of soldiers, chaos in the court order, the foreign relatives went rampant, and all kinds of calamities that were caused by the emperor’s intentional indulgence. Please implore the emperor to examine himself, to change his words and deeds, rebuild the inner palace, and return the court to a dignified and upright style.”

Hey, even the emperor dares to impeach, Emperor Teacher, you are a dead man! The man who had just reprimand him for doing personal vendetta quietly backed away, his cheeks flushed with embarrassment. If it was really for selfish desires, when Emperor Teacher rectified the Ye family, he then should praise the emperor nicely. They all said there’s three fires when the new official took office, and the firewood for this fire was was still provided by the emperor, since he unlikely done anything to him. But he pointed at the Ye Mansion and then the Emperor, he spoke fiercely and without hesitation, truly carried out the purpose of the Inspectorate from beginning to end, and the sentence “sacrificing one’s life for righteousness” were sprinkled with vigor, without leaving any room for maneuver.

The Guan family’s uprightness, loyalty, and righteousness were awe-inspiring! Now it’s up to the emperor to deal with it.

The civil and military officials stared at the emperor with burning eyes. Among them, Old Master Guan’s eyes were the brightest, there seemed to be two flames burning in them, illuminating the ugliness of people’s hearts. Somehow, Emperor Sheng Yuan actually saw Guan Suyi’s pair of pupils cut autumn water and clear and distant eyes.

Inexplicably, he felt a sense of nowhere to hide, supported his forehead, and smiled lowly. Great, what a great man Empreror Teacher! First impeached the Ye family, then in order to defend himself from bending the law for personal gain, immediately impeached the monarch too, this was to force him to make a decision. Just because this Inspectorate was built by him, and it was also given powers by him, if even he didn’t take Chief Imperial Censor’s words seriously, the Inspectorate would be useless as soon as it was established, and it would lose its meaning.