EXTRA

Chapter 182 Extra (5)
When her body was held down by a pair of powerful palms, Guan Suyi suddenly realized – it seems that she had been tricked, and was brought to a forbidden place by an inner attendant, accidently broke some kind of secret. She had never entered the palace, let alone met Ye Jieyu, and the intertwine roads in the palace were spread out like cobwebs. Even the old people who had been serving for many years could get lost, not to mention an outside woman who was visiting for the first time?

Only by following the guidance of the inner attendant could she successfully arrive at Ganquan Palace, but she did not expect this person to take her directly elsewhere. No wonder there was no plaque on the door beam of this palace.

She didn’t dare to look back, because the man’s right hand had slowly climbed up to her fragile neck and clutched it neither lightly nor heavily. His palms were very broad, his fingertips were long and powerful, and his thumbs and fingers pads equally covered with a layer of rough calluses. He either a servant who used to doing hard labor, or a soldier who had been practicing martial arts for many years.

He was very tall, and judging from the shadow cast on the ground, he was at least nine feet tall. Even if he didn’t say a word, he exuded an extremely powerful aura. This aura, based on Guan Suyi’s intuition, was closer to a beast than a human being. He seemed to be observing her, his head was slightly tilted, inspecting her face inch by inch, and his hot, yet cold, murderous breath kept brushing her face and ears.

Guan Suyi once encountered a huge brown bear during her travels. In order to avoid getting attacked, she had to lie on the ground and pretend to be dead. Until now, the feeling of the bear approaching and carefully sniffing her face was still imprinted in her mind, making her tremble all over. That was the time when she was closest to death, and at this moment, it was countless times more terrifying than that.

She had no doubt that if she said one word wrong, he would break her neck in the next instant. There were only two kinds of men who could walk in the inner palace, one was the imperial guard, and the other was the emperor. This was a forbidden courtyard in the deep palace, and someone who could control the whole palace and kill outside women at will, except for the brutal Emperor Sheng Yuan, there was no other.

So where is this place? Guan Suyi swept her eyes, and finally found many missing details. The stains on the scripture were not ink spots, but dark red blood. Even the futon and floor tiles were covered with blood, but because they were both black and the light was very dim, it was impossible to detect if one didn’t look carefully. There was a sweet and fishy smell in the air, but it was covered by the strong sandalwood scent, which fooled her sense of smell. There were many fresh cracks on the altar table, the offerings that should have been neatly arranged had disappeared without a trace, and bits and pieces of broken porcelain and wood chips were scattered in the inconspicuous crevices in the corners of the walls.

Based on the above analysis, before she came in, there had been a big fight here, no, a massacre was more appropriate, and the initiator was definitely Emperor Sheng Yuan who was strangling herself right now.

It seemed that she had thought a lot, but actually in a flash Guan Suyi had already understood her situation – she may not be able to go back alive today.

Because of this realization, she actually became calm, cool-headedly thought about the meaning of the question just now, and tried her best to recall the information about Emperor Sheng Yuan that Zhao Luli had mentioned to her. Obviously, this Buddhist hall existed only because of this painting, and it might be the biggest secret in Emperor Sheng Yuan’s heart. And what kind of person the other person was, it could be seen from many terrible rumors.

He was tyrannical, murderous and brutal, had no tolerance for betrayal and disobedience, and his means of handling the government were very iron-cladded. In the face of such a person, crying and begging were useless, she could only be obedient and resign to her fate. He didn’t eat soft and hard food, and acted unscrupulously. When he was in a good mood, he might let you go, and when he was in a bad mood, you would die without a whole corpse.