96

Chapter 96 Stupid to Death
Emperor Sheng Yuan picked up the painting and said calmly, “If Zhen hadn’t met Madam, Zhen would have never imagined that Zhen could still appreciate it so closely, without the slightest fear and despair. At the time when Zhen was the most high-spirited, the day when Zhen stomped on the entire Central Plains under one’s feet, the Empress Dowager held this painting and gave a detailed account of the scene when Zhen was born.”

Guan Suyi’s temples began to swell, and she could almost feel the feeling of destroying the world. For a child who had been abandoned since childhood, nothing was more important than tracing one’s roots. It would be fine if he didn’t know it for a lifetime, but on the day that should have been the most glorious day, the bloody truth was suddenly revealed. The impact was no less than falling from a cloud into the abyss, and a destructive power of a tsunami and landslide.

Everything he hoped, pursued, and even believed in would be destroyed in an instant. If the will was not strong enough, afraid he would go crazy on the spot. Guan Suyi didn’t know how he survived at that time, but she could imagine what kind of torment he was going through for more than 1,400 days and nights.

However, even in such pain and despair, he was reluctant to burn the painting, which showed how much guilt and longing he had for the mother he had never met. Did he think that if he kept this painting and used it to torture himself forever, he would be able to wash away the sin of killing his mother?

It turned out that the man who looked so powerful was hiding such a rotten and festering wound in his heart, but he never wanted to treat it, instead he dug it deeper and deeper with the knife. The human spirit was not infinitely powerful, on the contrary, it would become weaker and weaker with age. If all the strength was exhausted, there would be a time when that knife pierce the heart.

Guan Suyi closed her eyes and suppressed the surging tears, she was not qualified to cry for this man, even he himself was not, because all of this was fake! It’s a big lie! The truth was indeed bloody, but it was not cruel at all. On the contrary, it’s saturated with deep love and expectation.

She said while barely maintained a calm voice, “Your Majesty should have guessed it right? The reason why your mother held a knife in her hand was not to resist, nor to kill you. She had a difficult childbirth and no one was by her side, in order to save your life, she can only open her own stomach and take you out; she was afraid that the clan would not find you in time, so she cut her wrist and fed you with her own blood.”

She fixed her gaze at the emperor who was showing a fragile posture in front of her, and said word by word, “So you have never been a Rakshasa, let alone killing your mother, but a treasure she exchanged with her life. Not only you are not a child that no one want, on the contrary, your birth carry more maternal love and hope than anyone else. Because she has a spirit in heaven and has always been guarding by your side, so you can survive such a difficult environment, and you can overcome the danger again and again until you reach the top. Your Majesty, for her sake, don’t hurt yourself in the future, you are now the monarch of Great Wei, the ruler of the world, and your life is no longer yours alone!”

Emperor Sheng Yuan was so warmed by her words that his whole body was burning, and his heavy heart was still hard, but he opened a gap for her alone, and carefully brought her in, put it on the tip of his heart, or maybe hide it at the bottom of his heart, except for himself, no one was allowed to touch it.

He intertwined his fingers with her and said eagerly, “That’s right, Zhen’s life is no longer mine alone, but Madam’s. Without Madam, Zhen would never have discovered the truth.” On the day he received the secret report, he repeatedly chewed these four words. The truth was like a thunderbolt, which exploded in his mind, and then everything suddenly became clear.