115

Chapter 115 The Truth
When the gatekeeper handed the post to Zhao Luli, he was still immersed in thousands of thought and could not extricate himself. Although he vaguely grasped the hint, he dared not to pull the truth out, and his heart was full of confusion. Seeing the name post, he was stunned for a while before realizing that it was the name of Emperor Sheng Yuan, and his anger immediately surged up.

“Having the honor of Your Majesty’s presence, to what do I owe this pleasure?” He personally welcomed the person into the door and brought him to the study. He seemed to ask respectfully.

“Sit down.” Emperor Sheng Yuan took the lead sitting in the main seat, and then pointed to the seat next to him, “Zhen want to talk to you about the past.”

Zhao Luli’s heart tighten, and for some reason, he had the urge to grab the door and run away, but out of his will he had to sit down and said hoarsely, “Back then you promised to take good care of Ye Zhen, but I didn’t expect that it was only a few years, and you abandoned her like a shoe. The Ye family was controlled by Ye Quanyong, what do those sins have to do with her? You have already seized the Ye family, why are you still not letting her off? Her temperament is weak, her body was infected with snake venom, she earn her life. Considering how much she sacrificed for you, you should also give her a good home, why did you throw her out of the palace and leave her with no way out?”

Emperor Sheng Yuan tapped on the table, and immediately a guard served a jar of spirits and two wine cups. He swatted open the clay stopper and poured the wine slowly, his resolute and handsome face gradually turned cold, as if he was considering how to answer, also seemed to be reminiscing about the past.

Where Zhao Luli had the mood to drink, he said coldly, “Have you made a good excuse for your ingratitude? Because of you I lost my first wife, and because of you I lost my second-wife. Perhaps I owe you in my last life, otherwise, why can’t I escape you?”

Emperor Sheng Yuan pushed the wine cup in front of him, said with a light tone, “Drink a cup first, and let the blood heat up. After we finish what we’re going to talk about, Zhen worried your heart will be so cold that you won’t be able to bear it.”

Zhao Luli’s eyes flickered, he repeatedly clenched his fists and repeatedly released them, and finally took the wine cup and drank it all. Sure enough, it was a rare spirit, it went down the throat like a knife, scraping uncomfortably, and felt like a fire when entered the stomach, making his five internal organs churning, actually burned his heart full of confusion and doubt.

“What do you want to say?” When he spoke again, he was as steady as a mountain, and his expression was calm.

“First of all, Zhen has to clarify one point. The reason why Zhen promise to take care of Ye Zhen is for the sake of life-saving grace back then. If this life-saving grace becomes a plot of assassination, why should Zhen take care of Zhen’s enemy? Zhen only released her from the palace and did not skin her alive, is already considered a mercy.”

“What assassination’s plot?” Zhao Luli’s voice began to tremble, the hand holding the wine cup exerted its strength fiercely, and his knuckles turned white.

“Remember when Xue The Thief set up an ambush at Panyun Pass to kill Zhen, among them, there were 200 elites and dozens of experts. Zhen fought hard to break out of the encirclement, but was bitten by the poisonous snake released by the expert and rolled down the mountain stream. it was at that time that Ye Zhen, who happened to go Panyun Pass to visit you, accidentally met Zhen, then she sucked out the snake venom and placed Zhen outside the pass, thus saving Zhen’s life. The expert who assassinated Zhen is now in Zhen’s hands, and he also the murderer who poisoned the Zhao family and Ruan shi. Guess what? Back then, he not only took Xue The Thief’s silver to buy murder, but also Ye Quanyong’s silver to buy life. Xue The Thief wanted Zhen to be dead, but Ye Quanyong wanted Zhen to be half-dead, so the half-dead Zhen ran into Ye Zhen, who was greatly merciful and compassionate.”