84

Chapter 84 Love Letter

Old Master Guan looked at his granddaughter with new eyes. The child had been growing up by his side, and no one knew better than him what her temperament was like. She was indeed proud, unyielding, and stubborn, but she had no such spirit.

Give up kindness to be courageous; give up frugality to be extensive; give up behind to be the first; to die? No regrets! This sentence seemed simple, but it hid a willingness to die. She was a pampered little girl, and her biggest worry was probably the chaos and jealousy in the back house. How could she be so reckless and brave? After marrying into the Zhao mansion, did she still experience unknown hardships?

The old man’s face changed suddenly, and asked, “Yiyi, tell me honestly, how does the Zhao family treat you?”

Guan Father also walked in with dark eyes. He picked up his daughter’s calligraphy to take a look, while holding back his heart palpitations, “Did Zhao Luli bully you?”

The family had been worrying about her all their lives. In this life, Guan Suyi only wish them peace and security, so how could she complain? She quickly took her grandfather’s arm and smiled, “Even when he was still Marquis Zhenbei, he couldn’t get a bargain from me, and now he’s a commoner, what can he do with me? Grandfather, father, don’t worry, I have a good life in the Zhao family, the servants fear me, the children respect me, the mother-in-law and sister-in-law protect me, the two concubines are locked in the East Mansion, and I don’t need to see them at all. There is no mistress in Wei Kingdom who lived more comfortably than me.”

“That’s good.” Old Master Guan gave his granddaughter a deep look, and he when he was sure she was not lying he felt relief.

But Guan Father didn’t quite believe it. He was about to question her carefully when a servant girl suddenly came out and said out of breath, “Old Master, someone from the palace has brought something. You should go to the front yard to greet him.”

When the three walked to the front yard, they saw a eunuch, who had brought things to the house last time, saluting with a smile on his face, “Greeting the two masters, greeting Madam, this servant has been ordered to send a reward.” After the words finished he gathered his sleeves to let them look behind.

This time, it was six big box, with a red seal attached. Zhong shi said clearly, “Did you send it by mistake last time, and the emperor asked you to change it?”

“Answering Madam, there’s no mistake last time, rather missed a few boxes. This servant has a gift list here. Can you please check it?”

The reward this time was really delivered to the heart, a box of extremely precious stones such as Shoushan stone, Qingtian stone, Changshi stone, Balin stone, etc., the quality and color were more extraordinary than the other, and for the old man who loved to carve seals, this was a precious treasure; A box of antique calligraphy and paintings, all genuine works of famous masters, any of them was enough to make those elegant scholars outside to fight until they break their heads. Guan Father was breathing heavily, his heart was beating wildly, and he had already rushed to the box; The remaining four boxes were all rare and unique books in the world, with a wide variety of subjects.

No matter how hard it was for Guan Suyi to maintain an elegant and indifferent demeanor, she took a deep breath before walking over, and said with a shameless face, “Mother, did your word of making up for my a dowry last time still count?”

Zhong shi, “…”

—-

After dinner and dragging four large boxes back to the Zhao Mansion, Guan Suyi sighed contentedly, “I finally understand why my grandfather and father love the emperor so much, his benefit really lies in the word ‘local tyrant’. I have been to so many places, and I have seen all kinds of people, but I have never seen anyone more generous than the emperor. I am afraid there are thousands of books, enough for me to build a bed, and then lie down and read it for eight to ten years. If his rewards are all like this in the future, then I have to go back to get bask in the light.”