EXTRA

Chapter 190 Extra (13)
Zhao Luli rested at home for a day, and the next day brought many precious gifts to visit his father-in-law and mother-in-law, which made the several elders very happy. After lunch, he was not in a hurry to be on duty. Instead, he took Guan Suyi to go shopping, walking slowly along the way, with a smile on his face.

“What exactly do you want to do?” Guan Suyi asked suspiciously.

“I want to treat you well.” Passing by a jade shop, Zhao Luli pulled her in and said in a low voice, “When quelling the chaos outside, I wrote a letter to Madam every three days, but I guess you burn it without even reading it? No matter how Madam thinks about my sincerity, you only need to look at my future performance.”

Guan Suyi was silent. Now that she was married to this person, whether he was good or bad, sincere or false, she had to bear it all, as there was no room for resistance or struggle. Life was always going to pass, even if he had a dead person in his heart, what could she do? The last time smashing his head she didn’t get punished, but the next time she certainly would not be so lucky.

Seeing that Madam did not respond, Zhao Luli was a little frustrated, so he quietly went to hold her hand when he entered the store. Guan Suyi struggled a few times, but failed to break free, so she had no choice but to go with him. When the two of them stepped into the inner hall side by side, they saw a tall, ordinary-looking Jiuli man staring at them, a little anger seemed to flow from his eyes.

Zhao Luli looked at the other person without a trace, and judging from his clothes and aura he seemed to have an extraordinary background, so Zhao Luli led Madam to the side hall to avoid him. This was at the foot of the emperor, he didn’t want to cause trouble, and attracted people’s attention. However, he was willing to lay low, but the other person was unyielding, unexpectedly followed wherever they go, and his eyes became colder and colder.

Zhao Luli couldn’t stand it, had no choice to pick a piece of jade pendant with excellent appearance and hand it over to the shopkeeper to pay for it. This was a three-color jade pendant, with a red beak, yellow wings, and a white belly. Whether its carving or color, it was very unique. A loosed buckle in the middle could be disassembled and divided into two pieces, each tied with a red tassel.

Guan Suyi liked it so much that she kept playing with it in her hand, but she didn’t expect that the Jiuli man suddenly walked up to her, snatched one of them, and said loudly, “Shopkeeper, how much is this jade pendant?”

“Customer, someone has already bought the jade pendant. If you like it, there are still a few pieces that are in better condition in this small shop, how about letting people fetch it for you?”

“I only want this piece, how much silver he gives, I will double it.” The Jiuli man’s attitude was very tough, and the attendant that followed him had already taken out a thick pile of silver tickets, licked his fingertips to count.

The shopkeeper was surprised, he looked at the person in front him, then looked at Zhao Luli, rubbed his hands together and laughed dryly. Zhao Luli had never liked to fight with others, and it was just a piece of jade pendant, not worth making trouble for, so he took back his silver ticket and said warmly, “If this benevolent brother likes it, then let’s give it to him, and I’ll go to another place to take a look.”

Guan Suyi had no choice but to put down the mandarin duck pendant and leave with him, but then heard a sarcastic voice from behind, “Marquis Zhao is so brave, clearly sees what he loves at first sight, but also can say to let it go. If I were you, as long as I liked it, let alone buy it from me, even if I took a knife around my neck, I would never compromise.”

Zhao Luli paused slightly, then pulled Madam away quickly. Guan Suyi looked back with an unpredictable expression on her face. The Jiuli man picked up the jade pendant she had left behind, put it together with the piece in his hand, and looked over and over for a long time.