100

Chapter 100 Teasing
What happened in the palace and the Empress Dowager had nothing to do with Guan Suyi. She held the imperial decree in front of the coffin to pay homage, and then led Baifu and the guards to the Bodhi Garden, and let them tie the filial cloth and then offer incense.

Most of these guards were from the Jiuli tribe. They have deep facial features and tall and strong physique. Standing in the room, they seemed like poking iron towers, making the originally spacious space extremely narrow, and Baifu was sandwiched in it like a chicken that fell into a group of cranes, becoming more and more shriveled and thin.

Jinzi distributed the filial piety cloth, the length that ordinary people could wrap around their waists, they could only tie it around their arms. When it reached the last person, she heard her master ask in a deep voice, “Why are you here?”

“Ah? Didn’t Madam ask this servant to come?” Jinzi was puzzled, but found that Baifu and the others had left the room and stood outside the courtyard, pressing their palms on the hilt of their knife, and the fierce air suddenly filled the air. Looking at the only remaining guard, she saw his eyes shining, the corners of his mouth slightly curved, sending out His Majesty’s unique deep voice, “Madam really has good eyesight, Zhen walked all the way here, but only Madam that saw the clue and flatly expose Zhen’s identity.”

Guan Suyi turned her face away and said coldly, “Expose your identity? Who are you? Does this madam know you?”

The tall guard took off the skin mask on his face and said with a smile, “One moment asked who Zhen was, the next moment didn’t want to admit it, Madam is so willful. Madam is so gentle and kind to others, only at Zhen you furrowed your brows and send angry look, not conceal anything, just because Zhen like you.”

Guan Suyi turned to look at him, and said bluntly, “Yes, I’m like this because you like me. If you feel offended, can you not like me?”

“No.” Emperor Sheng Yuan walked over, wanting to hug his sweetheart but afraid of blaspheming her, so he had to circle around her twice, with a thick smile on the corners of his eyes and brows, “Zhen like the way Madam speaks bluntly, no matter what you do to Zhen, whether scolding or beating, Zhen will accept them all. There is an old saying – the deeper the love, the greater the hatred. The more Madam hate Zhen, detest Zhen, the more it showed that you already have feelings for Zhen, otherwise how can you be so calm when facing Zhao Luli? You have never bothered with him for the shitty things he did, and you never got really angry, because you didn’t take him seriously. But you treat Zhen differently… …”

“Enough, can you not put gold on your face?” Guan Suyi spit fire in her eyes, she really didn’t know what to do with this person. She had never seen someone more shameless than him, how could she have thought that he was simple and honest before? She was really blind!

“Look, you’re angry again. If you didn’t take Zhen to heart, why should you bother with Zhen?” Emperor Sheng Yuan pressed the person on the praying mat. When he saw her angry fists smashed over, the hands that had planned to let go quickly and firmly glued to her shoulders again, and he took a few hits contentedly.

“There seems to be a slang in Central Plains, what is it about beating and   scolding,” He loved Madam’s shy and angry looks, those burning eyes could make his whole heart boiled, could make his whole body flared up. Like a drug addict, he couldn’t stop teasing, “Let Zhen think about it. Ah yes, it’s called ‘beating is kissing, scolding is love‘, madam, beat two more times, scold a few more words, and let Zhen know how deep your love really is.”

Guan Suyi stopped instantly, neither beating nor scolding, she could only hold her forehead and sigh. Indeed, only in front of this person, all her irritable little emotions would emerge from the bottom of her heart, and all her willful little thoughts would be put into action, she was indeed fearless, could this be called love? No, but it also showed that she treated him differently.