61

Chapter 61 Inspired

Before ascending the throne, Emperor Sheng Yuan was known for making big moves, rough and heroic, if it could be beaten then beaten, if it could not be beaten then beaten later, and he never liked to play any conspiracies and tricks. But after having more contact with the Han people, he suddenly realized: These Central Plains people are too goddamn tricky, if you go straight with them, you may be led into a pit and buried.

After several big losses, he gradually became interested in Central Plains culture, and the more he learned, the more he understood its strength. Of course, among the many learnings, his favorites were the military and legalism schools. Every time he got its classic, he reads it eagerly. Only then did he realize that to govern the people of Central Plains, he had to use the means of the people of Central Plains.

At the beginning of the founding of the country, he couldn’t even figure out how the imperial court mechanism work, so he had to use a large number of Han officials, barely holding up the Wei Kingdom. But new problems came one after another, such as the Wang clan of Langya, the Xie clan of Chenjun, the Yuan clan of Runan, and the Xiao clan of Lanling… each had their own background, each had their own territory, raised private soldiers, and acted as powerful officials, if it weren’t for them to lost most of its strength in the war, they would almost make him a mere figurehead.

Among them, the Wang clan of Langya had the most wealth and talents. As early as the coexistence of various vassal states, they secretly controlled some of the most powerful forces. The head of the family and the descendants of the direct line were all high-ranking officials, and held the power of life and death. When the Wei Kingdom was established, they didn’t want to be outdone, on one hand, they won over the courtiers and on the other hand, they consolidated their power.

Emperor Sheng Yuan was used to being domineering, and naturally impossible to be used as puppet by them, so the two sides looked harmonious, but secretly fought fiercely. In the past, the noble family always had the upper hand, but recently, the people cultivated by Emperor Sheng Yuan slowly infiltrated the court. He also established the Emperor Teacher, and recruited a group of upright Confucian scholars who were famous all over the world and loyal to the imperial power to take on important positions, so the situation improved slightly.

It was just that the noble family was a noble family after all, the family style was clean, and the children were quite promising, unlike the Ye family, which full of shortcoming that was easily exploited by other. Therefore, it may be difficult for the Emperor Teacher to impeach the Wang family and suppress the power of the prime minister.

Emperor Sheng Yuan remembered the arrogance and influence of the Wang family, could not help but gritted his teeth with hatred, and then looked at the Emperor Teacher and Chief of Ceremonies who were always loyal to the country, his heart was finally smooth, and he was more willing to be honest about his mistake.

“What the teacher taught, Zhen has realize the mistake. In those year when entering Yanjing for the first time, and the court was re-established, the Ye family asked for a position, and Zhen pick a position that is not too low nor too high, casually gave it to him and sent him away, how did one expect that the post of Grand Astrologer to be so important.”

He always thought that Grand Astrologer was just looking at the sky, counting the days, and regularly drying the classics under the sun. Anyone could do it well. How could he know that there were so many particulars? When he understood, Ye Quanyong had already taken office, and he could only pretend not to know.

The beard on Old Master Guan’s lips was trembling, showing that he was very angry with the emperor. However, he finally held back, and after pondering for a while, he said quietly, “Your Majesty, you are completely wild!”