174

Chapter 174 Pregnant
“What are you laughing at?” Guan Suyi frowned, “Who should you choose? Say it yourself now.”

“Choose Madam, naturally choose Madam.” Emperor Sheng Yuan smiled and took the stiff-face Madam into his arms, “Madam, you are getting more and more fierce.”

Guan Suyi’s expression was still very serious, “I can’t ruin the reputation of the Guan family, and I can’t let my grandfather and father be impeached and criticized because of me, so I will try my best to persuade the emperor not to favor Jiaofang Palace alone. If the emperor turns over my palace cards for one day, I will respect and love the emperor as a husband for one day. If the emperor is tired, dislike, and chooses someone else, I will also respect the emperor as the monarch. From then on, we will have a monarch-subject relationship, not a husband and wife. I will welcome you when you come, I will send you off when you gone, that’s all.”

At this time Emperor Sheng Yuan didn’t laugh anymore. He quickly blocked Madam’s lips and sucked gently for a while, until she was dizzy and her eyes were soaked in water.

“Don’t say this kind of heartless words, Madam. I will always choose you. I know that whenever you say ‘Please Your Majesty, spread the rain and dew’, you’re actually begging me to stay. I will not be angry because of this in the future, I understand your heart, and you should understand mine too. You are the most virtuous empress in the world, in order to continue the imperial bloodline, you’re almost break your heart, it is I who doesn’t work hard, always sticking to you. ”

The corners of Guan Suyi’s mouth twitched quickly, then she ordered, “Minglan, take another set of palace card and let the emperor choose it again.”

Minglan took the order and left, her face still pale, showing that she was frightened by the furious emperor. After a while, she came up tremblingly holding the tray, knelt down and said, “Please take a look, Your Majesty.”

Emperor Sheng Yuan felt both helpless and funny, directly took the sign of Jiaofang Palace, and flattered, “Are you satisfied, Madam?”

“Not satisfied.” Guan Suyi pointed to the gate of the palace, “Let Baifu take out these cards, burn it again in public, and ask all the concubines in the palace to come see it. Empress niangniang was also very earnest and tried very hard to persuade the emperor, which made the emperor very unhappy because of this, and almost wrongly implicated. The emperor is not good with women, what can the empress do?”

Emperor Sheng Yuan couldn’t bear it any longer, he pressed his fist to his lips and choking from laughter. Madam was really a tyrant and a rogue, how could he not see it in the beginning? But in this way, she was more cute and more lovely.

“Leave it alone.” He stopped Baifu, who had a weird expression, and shook his head with a smile. “I’ll take it out and burn it myself, so that others can see it clearly.” After hugging and kissing Madam a few times, he strode out, and when he reached the outside of the palace, his laughing expression turned gloomy in an instant. He ordered the guard to build a brazier, poured the palace cards into the fire, and stared at them as they burned to ashes before turning back inside the palace.

Each palace masters naturally wanted to understand why the emperor was furious, so they all sent some spy to investigate, and they were all greatly disappointed when they got the news. The emperor was so disgusted with flipping the cards, so for a while, other than the empress he definitely would not summon any concubines. Only hope that the empress would not be intimidated by the emperor because of this and dare not persuade him again.

In fact, it was not strange for the emperor to be ruthless. Who told every palace concubine to avoid him like a snake before, instead every day they ran to Changle Palace to please the Empress Dowager and the prince consorts, and also intended to stand with the little imperial grandsons. Now that the Empress Dowager had fallen, they wanted to change the course and withdraw, but it was too late to regret it.