69

Chapter 69 Reunite

It was the first time that the grand princess heard her younger brother the emperor took the initiative to mention the things from the past, so she could not help but get closer and asked, “It’s the old marquis Zhao who stuffed Ye Zhen into your bag, not because you fall for her beauty that you robbed her? At that time, our group of brothers kept asking, why didn’t you speak up?”

Emperor Sheng Yuan shook his head with a wry smile, “Zhen found that there was a woman without an inch of thread in the quilt, and she was also my savior, my brother’s wife, you can imagine the feeling of being struck by thunder. Zhen wanted to order a few soldiers to send her back, but didn’t expect she agreed on the surface, but later tried to kill herself, fortunately she was rescued in time. She knelt at Zhen’s feet and kept saying that her chastity had been lost, she had no face to go back to see Zhao Luli, let alone face the pair of children, and begging Zhen to let her die. However, Zhen knew how serious Zhao Luli is to her, and knew that she had saved Zhen’s life, so how can we bite the hand that feeds us? In desperation, had to take her along. Originally after capturing Yanjing, Zhen would explain the matter to Zhao Luli, as long as Zhao Luli do not dislike her and want her back, everything would be fine. But really didn’t expect her to seek death again, begging Zhen not say that the old marquis had sent her, lest it hurts the relationship between the Zhao family’s father and son, and also said that she is no longer clean, she has no face to return to the Zhao family, so it’s better to die. Seeing her so ready to die to preserve her chastity and suffering in silence, Zhen have to give her a place to live.”

The grand princess fixed her eyes on him and said after a long silence, “You haven’t touched her at all?”

“Haven’t touched her in the slightest. Zhen only responsible for taking care of her and keeping her worry-free for the rest of her life.”

“Just take a look at her body, and she won’t leave?”

“How could Zhen know what the women in Central Plains were thinking?” Emperor Sheng Yuan’s eyes were red, “She has been tried to kill herself three or four times. After all, Zhen is a man and have to take responsibility, so Zhen have to bear all the blame and criticism. However, Zhao Luli still knew what the Old Marquis Zhao did, he hated his parents and turned against Zhen since then.”

Unconsciously, his palm pressed a dent on the incomparably hard red sandalwood imperial table, gritted his teeth and said, “But do you know, imperial sister? That life-saving grace back then is most likely made up by the Ye family, and Ye Zhen definitely not as innocent as it looks on the surface. Zhen wanted admit Madam into the palace and confer her as Zhaoyi, so she incited Zhao Luli to ask Zhen for a marriage decree and intercepted Madam! People from the Central Plains are really devious and hateful! ”

The grand princess was also a forthright person. Although in recent years she had many contact with people from the Central Plains and had become a lot more cunning, she still felt her brain was not enough. She raised her hand and gestured, “Wait, let This Palace sort it out the situation.” she pondered, “First of all, Ye Zhen rescued you is false, but you thought it’s true, and regarded her as a savior, so back then, Ye Quanyong could have died, his family wealth confiscated, and his business taken, but you let him go?”

“Yes. Ye Zhen didn’t recognize Zhen, she sucked out the snake venom for Zhen, put the medicine on it, and left while Zhen was still unconscious. Later, Zhen sent someone to investigate and found out that she was the daughter of the Ye family, and because she sucked that poison, it wounded her root bone, and she was seriously ill for a long time. Even after getting better, it did not heal completely and she became very weak. Although Zhen felt guilty, Zhen also had doubts. While continuing to investigate, Zhen waited for her to come to the door to ask for repayment. But she still live her life as usual, as if she didn’t know anything about Zhen and didn’t care about it, and all the people who participated in the assassination died without proof, so Zhen dispelled the doubts and released Ye Quanyong.”