44

Chapter 44 Refined and Vulgar

Zhao Chunxi relied on her mother being favored in the palace before, so she always felt that she was superior to others, even if she had to pretend to bow her head to Guan Suyi because of her dowry, she privately held a sense of superiority and believed that she was the stronger party, and Guan Suyi was just a fool who was blinded, manipulated and tricked by her.

But now, everything she relied on, and her complacent glory, have all vanished with the fragmentation of the coral tree. At this time, if she compromised with Guan Suyi, it would be like she was a captured prisoner of the war, an imprisoned convict, an oppressed slave, with broken self-esteem and a heart full of humiliation.

Guan Suyi had already said that she would not care about her, and she was absolutely unwilling to go up, even more unwilling to kowtow and admit her mistake. However, the dowry could not be omitted, and the marriage could not be ignored. How should these two problems be solved? Just beat Guan Suyi once and for all, break her arrogance, destroy her hopes, tarnish her reputation, see what she could use to despise others, and what she could use to discipline herself?

Thinking like this, Zhao Chunxi said to He Xiang, “Take out the box that my eldest aunt gave me.”

“Miss, do you want to do it? There are no our snitch in the main house. It’s not easy to handle!” He Xiang pulled out a mahogany box from under the bed. When she opened it, it was full of bottles and jars, exuding a strange and unpleasant smell.

Speaking of this, Zhao Chunxi was secretly resentful again. As soon as Guan Suyi came, she pulled out the snitches she had placed in the main house. If her foreign relative was rich enough, it would be easy to buy a few more, wasn’t there a lot of servants who were flattering and showed the intentions to cling to her yesterday? But after today, when the news spread that Ye family’s coral tree was smashed by thieves and the emperor ignored it, she would become a fallen phoenix again, disliked everywhere, and constantly suppressed by the main house. Who would actually serve her?

Shaking her head, she said fiercely, “How to do it, I don’t have any idea for the time being, just find a few snitches in the main house and plan slowly. It doesn’t matter whether it’s done by money or threat, in short, draw a few first, and wait for the people to be in place before taking the next step. For the sake of Wangshu’s future, Guan shi must never give birth to a son.”

“Yes, this servant will go and sift through the maids and grannies in the main house to see if there are any poor people in the family or those who are extremely greedy for money. If we can draw one that count as one. Miss, are you also going to contact one or two for Mingfang? Since ancient times, wives and concubines have always been incompatible, and this servant do not believe that she will really be loyal to Guan shi.”

“Alright, you can find a way to put a few snitches around her. If I knew today, I would never let my father marry Guan shi no matter what. I really opened the door and led thieves into the house.” Zhao Chunxi once again felt deep regret, However, she was glad that her stepmother had not been able to enter the palace to confront her mom, otherwise the Ye family would be completely defeated.

—–

In the Weiyang Palace, Emperor Sheng Yuan was studying the previous dynasty’s legal code when he heard the voice of Marquis Zhenxi asking to see him outside.

“Announce him in.”

Marquis Zhenxi walked in slowly holding a brocade box, silently performed a minister’s courtesy towards the monarch, then sat down, placed the box on the imperial table, and pushed it forward. Emperor Sheng Yuan had long been accustomed to his silent style, and joked, “Why, your sister-in-law hasn’t give in? Seeing that you have become a living mute, she doesn’t feel distressed?”