EXTRA

Chapter 187 Extra (10)
Guan Suyi slept for more than an hour before waking up slowly, and when she found herself leaning on the emperor’s knee, she couldn’t help being startled, just stood up and fell back again, because she felt a tingling sensation like needle stuck on the soles of her feet.

“Please forgive, Your Majesty, this minister wife will get up.” She struggled several times, but always failed. Instead, she fell into the other person’s arms again and again, making it look to the outsiders like she was throwing herself at him. She was embarrassed and annoyed in her heart, but her legs were failing her, and she couldn’t stand up. Unconsciously, there were tears in the corners of her eyes, and she felt very ashamed.

Emperor Sheng Yuan let her fumbling for a long time before reaching out to help her, and said calmly, “Madam, is this leg numb? It’s alright to sit down first and then go.”

Guan Suyi wanted to go home immediately, but she couldn’t move for the time being, so she had to thank the emperor and sit down in the soft chair. Emperor Sheng Yuan glanced at her and asked, “Had a nightmare last night?”

Guan Suyi didn’t dare to hide it, and told the truth, “Back to the emperor, this minister wife spent the whole night tossing and turning in dream. After closing eyes for a while, it was already dawn, so had no choice but to get up and handle the Third Day banquet for the shu son.” Waking up then sleep, sleeping then wake up, it was more tired than not closing eyes all night. The blood in the dream was overwhelming, as if it wanted to drown her.

Emperor Sheng Yuan smiled and sighed, “Since you’re afraid like that, how can you still dare to fall asleep beside Zhen? You’re also really thoughtless.”

Guan Suyi lowered her eyes and replied, “Reporting to the emperor, the most terrible thing in the world is not death, but the unknown. After leaving the palace, this minister wife will inevitably think wildly and feel afraid, but in front of you, heart is actually become calm, everything is left for you to decide.”

Emperor Sheng Yuan laughed twice, waved his hand and said, “Rest assured, not only Zhen will not move you, but also will not let others move you. Zhen owe you a favor, whatever you want, just come.”

Guan Suyi immediately thought of her grandfather who had an unfulfilled aspiration, but quickly denied it. When she first married Zhao Luli, she had hoped that he could pull the Guan family, but she only thought about it in her heart and never opened her mouth. People should help you out of affection, not out of duty, so there was no need to blame. The silver taels she borrowed from the Zhao family, she would find a way to return it as soon as possible, and if she couldn’t get it for a while, she would double her favor for Zhao Chunxi and Zhao Wangshu. No matter how they treated her or how hurtful things they did, she could endure it, this was exactly the principle the mouth that eats other people’s food is softened, the hand that take other people’s things is shortened.

She understood gratitude, and naturally she also knew how to be satisfied with what one has. The previous rewards were enough for her, and she didn’t dare to ask for more, so she refused, “Report to the emperor, this minister wife do not want anything. Serving the monarch is the duty of this minister wife, only ask for you to release this minister wife safely.”

“Zhen’s solemn promise, when will the words not count? The last time already let you go, and unlikely to hurt you in the future. Baifu, bring up the brocade box.”

Another brocade box? Guan Suyi’s hand tucked inside her sleeve couldn’t help but clenched into a fist.

Emperor Sheng Yuan smiled, personally handed the brocade box, and ordered, “Open it and take a look.”

Still has to open and take a look? Guan Suyi complained in her heart, but she didn’t dare to refuse, so she slowly lifted the lid of the box. To be honest, she had already developed a sense of fear for a brocade box. But the emperor was full of wickedness, the three brocade boxes given to her were all identical, and even the knots were twisted into the same shape, so that when she saw it, her fingers twitched and the hair on her body stood up.