107

Chapter 107 Rescue
If it asked who was the most popular person in Yanjing or even Wei Kingdom in recent days? The answer was none other than Madam Guan. She first cut open the belly of her sister-in-law, which caused a crusade, and then successfully reversed the argument with the help of her sacrificial eulogy. Today, this article had been collected by Master Xuan Guang in the annual “Xuan Guang Anthology”, and had been praised by many literary giants as the perfect tune of sacrificial eulogy and a magnificent piece of mourning, which directly praised her talent to the sky.

But at this moment, she as a dignified first-rank titled madam, was actually placed among the third-rank madam, and occupied the worst position, not to mention kneeling for nine-nine-eighty-one days, afraid her legs and feet would be crippled in just one day. The low-ranking women who were still quite resentful just now were finally found a psychological balance, because someone was more unlucky than them. The first- and second-rank madams inside the hall also came out to watch the fun, and their faces were full of ridicule and hatred.

Zhong shi was still thinking where her daughter was seated, and when she heard the commotion, she hurried over to check, and was furious on the spot, “This female official, did you make a mistake? My daughter is first-rank titled madam, and she should kneel with me.”

Guan Suyi was not relieved when she saw her mother coming, but her heart became heavier, for fear that she would be implicated.

“Make a mistake? can you know better than me? As the saying goes, the husband is honored and the wife is noble, and the ‘Madam’ is ranked based on the husband. This position is originally arranged according to the grade of your husband and master. Although Madam Guan is a first-rank, the eldest master of the Zhao family is a commoner, can her grant order be the same as other grant order? Putting her here and not by the lake where the four-ranked madams are sitting on their knees, you should thank me for being so generous.” The female official’s face was beautiful and calm, however, there was a hidden hostility between the eyebrows, which showed that today’s vow to crippled people must be done.

The Madam was ranked based on the husband, this was true, Zhong shi was a little discouraged, but still plead, “But she still cannot kneel directly under the roof trough, others are drenched in light rain, but my daughter is in heavy rain, and the ground is damaged to this point, she will fall ill within two hours. Can you please move her to the side?”

Sensing that her daughter was about to speak, Zhong shi quickly held her wrist firmly and shook her head quietly, implying that she should not clash with the female official. Today was the sacrificial ceremony of the late Empress Dowager, and no one could make trouble.

This female official smiled contemptuously, “You said it so lightly, just open your mouth and let me move the position. You must know that if one is moved over here, all the madams below have to move as well, creating more work for hundreds of people. Where did you come with such a big face? Or shall I take you two to see the Empress Dowager and let you talk to her in person?”

Hearing that she was going to see the Empress Dowager only to change seats, Zhong shi couldn’t help but hesitate, but Guan Suyi understood that it would be more difficult to dealt with if she were to go. If the Empress Dowager causally accused her of “great disrespect”, she could immediately dispose their mother and daughter.

Power… It was only now that she understood why Ye Zhen wanted to climb up using any unscrupulous means, because power was really a good thing, with it, if you want to kill someone, you just need to open your mouth.

When she was tormented by humiliation, someone next to her said sarcastic words, “Isn’t it just kneeling? Which big family is not like this? Why is your daughter so delicate? Look at those four-grade madams, some kneeling by the lake and being blow by the cold wind, just shift a little at once fall into the water. When your daughter cut open…” the stomach she was very brave! The rest of the words, this first-rank madam did not dare to say any further. Now the words “cutting the stomach to take the child” had become a taboo, and whoever kept mentioning it was just resenting their long live.