102

Chapter 102 Humility
Ye Zhen had never seen a dead person before, so she never expected the real scene to be a hundred times more terrifying than she imagined. In order to preserve the body, Ruan shi was placed in a huge ice coffin, her skin glowing blue, her cheeks sunken, and although the corner of her mouth was smiling, it only made it more and more eerie.

Her muscles were frozen, so her her hands and feet couldn’t be bent at all. To change her clothes, she had to be picked up and slowly moved back and forth. It’s unknown where Guan Suyi had so much strength, she picked up Ruan shi by herself, and then quickly take off the burial clothes and put on the court dress.

During this action, the cut in Ruan shi’s belly that was sewed with needles and thread was inevitably revealed, making Ye Zhen’s hands and feet weak, if she hadn’t covered her mouth in time, she would have collapsed and screamed on the spot. Guan Suyi also asked her to put the shoes on the corpse, how dare she? Without even touching the tip of her toes, she was frightened by the flickering candle flame, and ran out while shouting.

“There is a ghost, there really is a ghost! There’s a shadow swaying on the wall!” She threw herself into Zhao Luli’s arms, trying to get comfort, but found him quickly pushed her away, then raised his hands and took two steps back. As if feeling it was not right, he put his hands behind his back, and said solemnly, “There are guests outside, don’t talk nonsense about ghosts, adding some confusion.”

“But I really saw it.” Ye Zhen threw herself at him with tears in her eyes, but was avoided again, only then did she realize that the momentary alienation was not an illusion. What is this? Emperor Sheng Yuan accepted her but didn’t touch her, now even Zhao Luli wants to draw a line with her. What is this?

Before she could understand, Guan Suyi lifted the curtain and said lightly, “The court dress have been changed, but sister-in-law doesn’t look well. I will sort out her remains for her again, and I would like to ask the guests to wait for a moment.”

“Naturally, naturally.” The guests who were a little flustered just now were infected by her and slowly regained their composure.

She then glanced at Ye Zhen and explained, “The candle flame was shaken by the wind, so the light and shadow were chaotic. It just so happened that I asked her to change the shoes for sister-in-law, maybe she was too afraid and scared herself. If so, then stay in the outer hall and recite the scriptures, so as not to scare till you sick.”

Compared with her calm and graceful attitude, Ye Zhen, who was tearful and shouting, was like a clown jumping on the beam, which made people look down a few points.

Ye Zhen also recalled the taste, looked at Zhao Luli, and looked at the guests who were secretly disdainful, her pale cheeks flushed red. Although she had lived in the palace for a long time and had real power, she really didn’t need to take care of anything. The internal affairs were basically handled by Baifu, except to inquire about the expenses of the concubines in the palace, there was almost nothing else she need to do, and in order to maintain her “gentle and kind” beautiful image, showing weakness everywhere, and playing tricks behind the scenes, she developed a temperament that couldn’t be put on stage.

No one in the palace could compete with her, so she didn’t notice, and now when she was facing Guan Suyi, she finally understood what different like clouds and mud was. She herself felt it so strongly, then how about others? Before the so-called “competition” begin, she already lost her momentum.

“I’m sorry, sister, it’s me who make a fuss about nothing.” She had no choice but to hang in there, “Wait for me to go in and apologize to sister-in-law, I hope her spirit in heaven won’t bother with me.”