116

Chapter 116 The Ending
After all, it was a chronic poison that hurt her body, the old madam cried for a while and then fell asleep. Her already old face became even more haggard, and her gray hair had turned completely into silver threads in just three months, rather look like she was about to die. Zhao Luli sat quietly beside the bed to guard her, his heart felt like it was stab with a knife, and he felt unbearable remorse.

After staying for half an hour, he remembered Ye Zhen who was still busy in the warehouse, and a sneer appeared on the corner of his mouth.

At this time, the sky was completely dark, and the lanterns on the eaves had been lit. The dowry servants who was recalled by Ye Zhen also had a kerosene lamp in their hands to illuminate the place brightly, in case Ye Zhen, who was seriously checking the account, saw something wrong and suffered a big lost. Zhao Wangshu held a stack of account books in his hand and circled around her, his eyes full of admiration. Zhao Chunxi leaned against the door frame with a sneer.

“Don’t bother, Guan Suyi will never be covet any of your thing. How can she like these vulgar things? Use yourself to measure other, if it were you, this warehouse would have been emptied long ago, right? No wonder you’re so nervous.”

“Sister, how can you say that about mother? The property has been passed through other people’s hands, shouldn’t we check it? These are all mother’s things, it’s only natural for her to take it back.” Zhao Wangshu immediately retorted.

“You stupid! You think because she’s your blood mother, she will really treat you well…” Zhao Chunxi trembled with anger. In the past three months, she was forced to hand over her stewardship rights in every way by Ye Zhen, and she became more and more aware of her true face. For her own selfish interests, she could betray everything and disregard everything, she had no heart at all!

“Sister, you must have been deceived by Guan shi. Look at how she treated me, she actually made me, the dignified young master of the Zhao family, go to a village school to study, and let me hang out with a bunch of poor kids. What big things can I do in the future? Daddy clearly paid a lot of money to hire a great scholar Mr. Lu for me, but he was almost leave angrily because of her. She deliberately raised me on purpose to be a stepping stone for her own son. She’s gone, and our family of five can have a peaceful life. You call me stupid, but you’re the stupid one, you can’t even differentiate between good and bad people, outsiders and family.”

Three months of brainwashing was enough to make Zhao Wangshu wary of his stepmother to the bones, instead followed his mother’s words everywhere.

Zhao Chunxi was already speechless, and was about to flung her sleeves and leave, but saw her father standing in a dark corner, his eyes seemed to have countless hazes, but they were surprisingly bright. He walked in slowly and asked in a gentle voice, “Have you checked it? Did you lose anything?”

Ye Zhen said reluctantly, “I haven’t lost anything for the time being.” If there was even one thing missing, she would immediately sue the Guan family and tear off Guan Suyi’s face. For some reason, she just hated her, hated her to the core!

“It’s getting late. Just check it again tomorrow. Follow me to the main hall, I have something to say.” He left first, giving no room for the person to refuse. Ye Zhen winked at her dowry servants, and then followed him. If there was nothing missing, she just need to destroy a few pieces, and finally went to Guan Suyi to demand it and see how she explained it.

Many candles were lit in the main hall, and the two men were kneeling on the ground. When they heard the footsteps, they couldn’t help but look back in horror, and they happened to come face to face with Ye Zhen. Her breathing suddenly stopped, in an instant she was sweating like a waterfall, soaking through her back. She had never seen the Miao person, but she could not be more familiar with the advisor. If he hadn’t run fast back then, he would have turned into a dead bone now. But Zhao Luli tied him up, did he know something?