53

Chapter 53 Blind

Seeing that Madam was staggering after being pulled by Zhao Luli and almost fell over, Emperor Sheng Yuan’s anger surged up, and his hand was already on the handle of the knife ready to free her. But then he saw Madam turned her head and unobtrusively shook her head.

“Madam.” He shouted helplessly and hoarsely, and immediately followed.

When Zhao Luli ran back to the Marquis Mansion, he found that Guan Suyi was not there. He asked the housekeeper only to find that she was going to the bookstore today, so he searched all the shops in Yanjing City, and found that Marquis Zhenxi was also here. He ran fast all the way while seething in anger, his red eyes and sinister face ruined his former graceful demeanor, making passersby dodge and at the same time extremely curious, so they also followed him to watch the fun, and found that the person he was blindly looking for was Marquis Zhenbei Madam, everyone suddenly realized.

“I’ll just say it, this couple is really finish!” Some busybody whispered.

“Afraid Madam Marquis is going to be unlucky! A married daughter is like a spilled water. The Emperor Teacher did not think about how his granddaughter would live before taking action. After all, Ye Mansion was the foreign relatives of Marquis Mansion, when the pair of di son and daughter grew up, wouldn’t they want to avenge their mother’s family?”

“Yeah, being a stepmother is already difficult enough, let alone to have deep blood feuds in the middle. If Master Ye is beheaded, this deadlock cannot be resolved. Guan shi might as well go to her maiden home and persuade her grandfather to let him go to the palace to ease the tension with a few words, and leave Master Ye alive.”

“Exactly, first impeached others, it make him righteous, and then later come forward to protect them, it make him merciful. This kind of grace and power is like two-pronged approach. Even if Ye Mansion and Marquis Mansion hate Guan family to the bone, they can’t say anything, and Guan shi can also live in peace and security with the great grace and righteousness. How good is that, isn’t that the best of both worlds?”

“Brother is wise!” Many people raised their thumbs in agreement.

Emperor Sheng Yuan’s heart was full of mixed feelings, bitter and astringent. If it wasn’t for his oversight, Madam would have never fallen into this situation. She was a proud woman, but she had to use such a compromised method to survive, had to consider the Zhao family’s face everywhere, and even more, had to be under the control of the Ye family. Even the Emperor Teacher and Chief of Ceremonies couldn’t protect her. A married daughter is like a spilled water, at this moment, he finally understood the cruelty of this sentence. If a woman couldn’t find a good home, she was like the sewage on the ground, and she could only let it run its course and be at the mercy of others. If the husband’s family loved her dearly, she would be able to live a little better, and if the husband’s family hated her, she would be treated like a dirt, and she couldn’t help herself.

Maybe other women could endure this kind of treatment, and then fully adapt to the numbness. But wanted Madam with iron-bones and deep inner strength to bow down and compromise, what difference it was than directly killing her? If at that time he brought her into the palace and protected her under the feather, what would happened?

As soon as this idea was formed, it was like a sharp thorn stabbed into Emperor Sheng Yuan’s heart, and it was another heart-wrenching torture.

Guan Suyi also listened to the commotion, and she couldn’t help but laugh inside. She first loosened up her wrist, after she noticed Zhao Luli’s strength was also loosened, she then quickly broke free, rubbing her red skin, and slowly said, “Zhao Luli, if you want to solve Ye family’s predicament, then follow me to a place.”