99

Chapter 99 Posthumous Title
Zhao Luli took Ye Zhen to the inner courtyard to have a deep conversation, and the old madam also went in with them. Zhao Wangshu who was very eager for his biological mother, followed step by step, but Zhao Chunxi was very reluctant, fell at the end of the line with ashen face.

Perhaps because she thought that she would never go back to the Zhao family, Ye Zhen didn’t hide much in front of her daughter, she always told her what to do, and often instilled some climbing skills and tricks in her ears. Therefore, besides the old madam, Zhao Chunxi was probably the person who knew her true face best.

She had no sincerity towards others, even close relatives were only divided into two categories in her eyes – those who can be used or those who can’t be used.

Before, the Zhao family was obviously unusable, so the whole family was abandoned by her like a pair of old shoes; now she had no support, so she had to pick up that pair of shoes again. It’s really hard for her to endure humiliation and condescended to those of low status, is she not afraid wearing those shoes would give her rotten feet?

Zhao Chunxi was upset, but she couldn’t say anything to expel people. Ye Zhen was still her mother no matter how unbearable it was, and she had no reason to watch her mother live on the streets. Just take more precautions in the future, don’t let her harm the stepmother.

—-

While Ye Zhen made up her story in the inner courtyard, Guan Suyi presided over the sacrificial ceremony in the mourning hall.

She was wearing linen mourning clothes with a white flower on her head, and every time she finished reading a passage of scriptures, she kowtowed reverently. She already agreed to kowtow for seven, seven, forty-nine days, then she wouldn’t be careless about it. Mu Mu didn’t like to meet strangers, so he didn’t want to see Ye Zhen, and his little hand kept tugging at the corner of his adoptive mother’s clothes, following wherever she went.

At a young age, he had already recited the scriptures well. When kowtowing, he tried to imitate his adoptive mother. He bowed down slowly and solemnly. After touching his forehead on the ground, he paused for a while, then stood up again, his back was straight, and his every move had begun to show an elegant style.

The relatives and friends who were sitting around the altar were paying attention to the mother and son both overtly and secretly, and they were all in awe. What was the situation of the Zhao family at the beginning, they all saw it, Zhao Luli was confused; the old madam was mentally weak; Zhao Chunxi looked smart but was superficial and restless; Zhao Wangshu was simply a demon king; and this little Mu Mu could not even speak, but now he could serve tea and water to the guests, sensible and well-mannered.

Although the main house of the Zhao family had lost the title, everyone with discerning eyes knew that with the support of a good wife and loving mother like Madam their family would rise up sooner or later. Haven’t people seen that only after a few months Zhao Wangshu already has some literary reputation? There were so many literary giants standing behind the stepmother, and she was also an amazing talent. Not to mention a decaying wood, she could even extract water from a stone to irrigate the flower.

It’s a pity such a good scenery got disturb with Ye Zhen mixing in. Her face looked exactly the same as Ye Cainu, and it’s hard to find any excuse to deny it.

If it changed to ordinary person, they would be like an ant on a hot pot at this time, rushing around anxiously, but Madam Guan was really steady. Looking at her calm like water eyebrows, with pupils that was like ancient well with no waves*, and a good chanting sound and graceful demeanor, it created a good atmosphere for everyone!