101

Chapter 101 Who to Love
On the surface Ye Zhen was gentle and agreeable, too weak to stand up to the wind*, but in fact, she was the most competitive. In the early years, relying on her extraordinary looks, she was able to entice a few noble children, later when she entered the palace, her heart became higher and higher. Even when she fell to the current situation, she would never admit defeat easily. What should belong to her, she would take it back by any means; What she rejected, even if it was destroyed, it couldn’t be taken away by others.

She was already very jealous of Guan Suyi, and now when she had choice but to return to the Zhao family, she naturally aimed at the main wife’s position. The Guan family paid great attention to honor, righteousness, benevolence, and forgiveness, never doing things to the extreme. Fighting with Guan family’s daughter, only need a few round to determine who’s the winner and who’s the loser. At that time, she would not only take back the main wife’s position, but also let the other person’s reputation be destroyed and her rank be abolished, so she could completely suppressed her.

So at the beginning of the ceremony, she grabbed Zhao Luli and the two children to show her former status, and then went to talk to Guan Suyi, on the surface expressing her kindness but secretly provocative. She predicted the other person was someone who cared more about the overall situation and would never compete with her. Today she could take the initiative to let her entertain the guests, tomorrow let her preside over sacrificial ceremony, the day after tomorrow dispatched the servants, and manage the account books the day after that… As long as she took a step down, in the future, she would have to retreat step by step, and sooner or later hand over the authority of central-feed.

Inching forward had always been Ye Zhen’s forte. After seeing Guan Suyi, she had anticipated very well what she should say and do. But she never thought that Guan Suyi wouldn’t play by the rules. Shouldn’t she decline with a few words, and then because of her reputation let herself entertain the guests? Seven, seven, forty-nine days, as long as she show her face and make enough gesture, and then find someone to publicize her identity as the main di wife, shouldn’t the Guan family take the initiative to give in because of morality and ethics?

With Zhao Luli protecting her and her two children helping her, she was ninety percent sure that she would get the equal wife position after the sacrificial ceremony, and one hundred percent sure that within two years Guan Suyi would be ruined and leave the Zhao Mansion. But she didn’t think that the first thing Guan Suyi told her to do was not to entertain guests, but to change the clothes of the dead.

Had she ever experienced a little bit of suffering since she was a child? Everyone who met her, who didn’t hold her in the palm of their hand and took care of her? How dare she?

Ye Zhen was so angry that she wanted to vomit blood, but she couldn’t take back her words, so she had no choice but look at Zhao Luli.

“Forget it, Zhen’er has a weak temperament, timid as a bean, and has never met sister-in-law, it’s inevitable for her to be afraid. Madam, don’t be hard on her.” As soon as these words were spoken, Zhao Luli was stunned in his heart.

He suddenly realized that he had said something wrong, what was “Madam don’t be hard on her”? It was as if Madam bullied Ye Zhen on purpose. However, Madam was always quick to talk, when she had something to say then say it. Ye Zhen ran to ask just as she was about to change sister-in-law’s clothes, so she spoke directly. She had a strong personality and very brave, how could she think of how terrifying this kind of thing for ordinary women?

What would she do if she decided that he was deliberately partial to Ye Zhen and choose her between the two of them? Thinking of this, Zhao Luli was already in cold sweat, felt really confuse.