11

Chapter 11 Rumors

Zhao Chunxi was very ill. She even took a few doses of strong medicine to lower the high fever. She needed to lie in bed and rest for ten days to half a month to regain her vitality. When Guan Suyi learned about the situation from the imperial physician Cheng, she secretly said ‘serve you right’ in her heart, but on the surface she looked very distressed and brought soup to visit every day. Now she has developed a new hobby, that is, silently admiring Zhao Chunxi’s apparent resistance to hatred, but having to pretend to be grateful.

On this day, she put the stewed turtle soup in the food box, and led Minglan to walk towards Penglai Garden. As for Mingfang, as early as the day after the wedding, she offered herself to take care of the seriously ill eldest miss. At the moment, she might be dreaming of becoming a concubine.

The two talked while walking, walking slowly, not afraid that the soup would be cold, Zhao Chunxi never drink it anyway, only find an excuse to put it aside, then pour it into the bucket when they leave.

Minglan rubbed her nose and couldn’t bear the smell of the turtle soup. “Miss, why do you stew turtle soup every time? This smell is so strong that most people don’t like to drink it.”

Guan Suyi chuckled, “Turtle’s grandson should drink turtle soup. The ordinary people say to supplement shape with shape. As long as master comes to have a meal in the future, you have to serve this dish, remember it?” It’s fun to supplement ten thousand years old turtle! (t/n: let’s simplify, turtle = bastard)

Minglan didn’t know why her mistress hated the master so much. Although she smiled and spoke with a gentle tone, but there was a big problem with her words. What kind of beasts, turtle, and turtle grandson, one was more slanderous than the other. As if like the master dug her ancestral grave in the previous life.

Even though there were thousands of doubts in her mind, Minglan didn’t dare to ask anymore, but guarded the food box more carefully.

“Miss, you are here.” As soon as the two of them stepped into Penglai Garden, Mingfang hurriedly greeted her, raised the curtain while smiling, “Please come in, just now the young miss still talking about you, asking this servant when will you come. The marquis has just arrived, with a lot of snow grain on his body, and he is changing his clothes inside.”

The door curtain made of shells and jade beads clashed for a while, and then a crimson beautiful shadow moved lightly and stepped in, illuminating the dim inner room. Zhao Chunxi quickly sat up and called affectionately, “Mother, daughter has been ill for a long time, it’s really drags you down. Piaoxu, move the embroidered stool to the bedside so that my mother can sit closer to me, then we mother and daughter can hold hands and talk.”

Guan Suyi unobtrusively stroked the back of her hand, feeling that it was covered with goose bumps. Zhao Chunxi probably already knew that her dowry was sent to the main house by the old lady, so her attitude changed drastically. She remember that in the previous life, before taking back the dowry, she was also fawning like this, acted like a baby, and coaxed herself round and round. Thinking about it now, the age difference between the two was not that big, one was thirteen and the other was eighteen, it was only five years. Why her thinking was so deep, that she almost couldn’t see the bottom of it?

This point probably followed after Ye Zhen, and Ye Fan was also not bad, indeed originally from family learning.

As soon as Guan Suyi sat down on the embroidered stool, Zhao Luli came in. Seeing Minglan carrying a bowl of turtle soup to feed his daughter, he hurriedly said, “I’m hungry too. Give me a bowl first.” After taking a sip, he put it down, said “It tastes good, but it’s a bit hot, so let it cool before eating it.”