78

Chapter 78 Fall Into A Trap

When Madam rejected His Majesty sternly, and then turned to leave, Jinzi couldn’t help but look back, only to saw His Majesty standing with his hands behind his back, the bright spring light was above his head, but it couldn’t shine into his deep eyes, he stared blankly for a while. Then he took a step forward uncontrollably, as if he wanted to chase, but had to restrain himself, and then retreated sharply, as if struggling in pain.

He couldn’t retreat too far, lest he lose sight of Madam’s figure, he finally stood still, clearly without any expression, but it made people feel a kind of deep sadness for no reason. The surrounding flowers, fragrance, and birdsong seemed to have gradually moved away from him. His fists were clenched, his eyes were red, and he was obviously on the verge of collapse.

Jinzi suddenly felt uncomfortable, uncomfortable like she never felt before, she had never seen His Majesty like this before. She always thought that he was indestructible, even if he was abandoned by his father; thrown into the beast by his clan; or several brothers joined hands to kill him; even worse, he was trapped inside ten thousands of enemies and could not escape… He could kill his way out with his own hands.

He had never let anyone enter his heart, even if people saved his life, they would never get more than his gratitude and corresponding rewards. Until this time, Jinzi finally realized that she was wrong. His Majesty was not a stone, how could he not be hurt; he was not a plant, how could he be heartless? On the contrary, once he uses his heart and soul, he would fall deeper and more vulnerable than anyone. He was an emperor, but he was also flesh and blood.

Seeing the brilliance in His Majesty’s eyes was extinguished little by little, Jinzi did not dare to look any further, trying to restrain the sorrow in her heart so as not to be noticed by Madam. Before, she admired Madam very much, a strong and intelligent woman like her was very rare in the world, but now, she suddenly became resentful.

If it was another ordinary woman today, the subconscious reaction would be to flee shyly, rather than to say such heartless words calmly and rationally. If you run away, His Majesty will not have to suffer this piercing pain; if you run away, His Majesty will be able to keep a little thoughts. Unlike now, the front and back roads have been cut off, actually so close yet world apart, like a thing from previous lifetime.

Then what should I do next? Do I still need to stay in Zhao Mansion, guarding Madam?

While Jinzi was still confuse, she saw Madam stopped and hesitated. After a while, she finally turned around and gave a big salute in the most sincere manner, with a gentle tone and a smile in her eyes, but it seemed that tears would fall any moment. It turned out that she was not indifferent, it turned out that she could also feel His Majesty’s true feelings, it was just that they had no fate and could not meet when they were both unmarried.

It was not her fault, it was fate, even more so His Majesty, who’s now couldn’t get what ones asked for*, was the culprit that led her to fall into misfortune. Their ending was written by His Majesty, so who should be blamed?

Jinzi felt a pain in her heart. She felt sorry for His Majesty and sad for Madam, but in the end, she still favored Madam. She looked so strong, but this was by no means a reason for others to wantonly hurt her. His Majesty already knew what kind of person Zhao Luli was, so he shouldn’t have easily pushed a woman into the fire pit.

At that time, he probably never expected that the fire would not only burn Madam, but also burn himself to ashes, right?

Even the words “The flowers have fallen far away from people’s heart, and the mountains and rivers will not meet” had also been said, His Majesty should give up this time. Jinzi raised her head slightly to look at His Majesty’s expression, but saw his lethargy eyes had ignited some sparks again, his gray face quickly lit up, and immediately melted into the warm spring light, becoming joyful and excited.