67

Chapter 67 Introspection

After hearing Zhou Tian’s provocation, Emperor Sheng Yuan didn’t open his mouth. He only stared at him with cold and deep eyes, until he saw that his face was pale, his lips trembled, and then said, “Zhen doesn’t need to step on subordinates to become a master. If you think your life is too long, you can switch with the Ye family.”

Zhou Tian immediately knelt down and kowtowed, said he didn’t dare over and over again. He waited for a long time in fear before he heard two words that was like the sound of heaven, “Go down.” He thanked the emperor neither humble nor arrogant, and calmly walked out of the Weiyang Palace, until he reached a corner with no one around, and let out a mouthful of turbid air. Beads of sweat rushed out from his forehead and back, soaking his clothes in an instant.

Meanwhile, Guan Suyi was settling down several babies and their wet nurses. Although the children were innocent, they belonged to the Ye family after all, and the crime involved conspiracy and rebellion. After the case was cleared up, the family would be raided, or the clan would be exterminated. The consequences were extremely serious, and she couldn’t control it even if she wanted to. Even if she didn’t think about the Zhao family, she had to consider the Guan family and her maternal grandparent’s family, not to mention that the Ye family has nothing to do with her, and still had a deep grudge.

“You will live here in the future, and when the matter is over, someone will naturally arrange the way for you.” She pointed to a small attic and ordered her servants to carry clean bedding, pillows and other items in. The inside and outside of the building were already full of heavy troops, but on the surface it looked very quiet.

All the wet nurses had received Zhou Tian’s warning, naturally they readily agreed, especially the one holding Brother Hao, it was said that after the event was completed, she would able to save her life, and there was also a heavy reward to take, so she forced her mind to calm down. She stood at the door with a pale face, as if she didn’t dare to go in, until Brother Hao was so hungry that he was crying, and then she unbuttoned her shirt and entered, and locked it.

Guan Suyi was only responsible for sheltering them. When the wet nurse sneaked out of the house according to Ye Quanyong’s previous instructions, she pretended to be anxious to find them, and then went to report to the official, then she would be free.

This one was sorted out, and there were people in the whole mansion who need to be reorganized. She went to the main hall and ordered the housekeeper to call all the servants who were not seriously injured to come over to listen the instructions.

“You all know what the Zhao family’s current situation is like. Lord Marquis is no longer possible, and now all of us supported by the second master. However, the second master stayed in the border all year round, and without imperial decree he cannot return. He has to rush to the battlefield to defend against foreign enemies, the danger is not something ordinary people can imagine. I’m a straightforward person, I will give you the bottom line. This time Zhao family has suffered a huge disaster and is not as good as before, and the current wealth is like a castle in the air, hanging and hanging. Among you, there are servants who were born in the mansion, there are those who signed the death contract, the living contract, and the part-time workers. In order not to implicate everyone, I will not force any of you, leave if you want to leave, or stay if you want to stay.”

She slowly took a sip of hot tea and continued, “As the saying goes, a single strand can’t make a thread, and a single tree can’t make a forest. The more people, the easier it is to do things, and the more people are more powerful. However, I think it’s also depend on when and what the situation. Nowadays, Zhao Mansion is in difficult situation, even though there are many people, but if their hearts were scattered, each has their own plan, and each has their own thoughts, it’s easy to do bad things. So it will be better to work together from top to bottom, unite as one, and cross this hurdle together. Now that the Ye family’s womenfolk and children are also involved in the case, afraid they will not be able to return this time, so the expenses of the East Mansion are still calculated as usual. You can think about it yourself, whether to leave or stay depends on your original intention. For those of you who signed a death contract, I don’t need you to redeem your life with silver, as long as you take the deed and go to the yamen to eliminate your contract, just consider it to accumulate virtue for the Zhao family.”